Re: Pig Iron Army List: Defiance

My original list has something for everything they did up to WD1. Wardroid. Nothing since then tho so no Kolonials.

Find it here, about two thirds down the page:
http://herosgames.homestead.com/DVG.html

Kolonials should be easy to do, but really, they're mostly just a cool re-pose until those special weapons sculpts come down the pipeline.

tnjrp wrote:

My original list has something for everything they did up to WD1. Wardroid.

Thanks for that! Question I have is: it seems that there are some point differences between your most recent list and the PDF on the MJ12 site. Is it that the originals were miscalculated?

Well, if there is no difference in any of the stats but the PVs differ then someone has certainly miscalculated. That would probably be me.

Some of the weapons at least did get their stats and hence also PVs changed for the official publication, and IIRC there was some confusion about the cost of the Blasters (you need to pay attention when constructing combiweapons) but I can't say off the bat which PVs are correct. I didn't triple-check the P.I.G. list before publication, so I'll look again as soon as I have time.

Let me give a specific example, then:
PIG Troopers are 12 points in one source and 15 in the other
The Blaster is 21 points in one source and 15 in the other
Gives us a total of 33 and 30 points per trooper, respectively.
Evidently I have no ability as far as creating armies so I wouldn't know one way or another (why ask for an armylist then?). I appreciate what you've done!

Creating armies is tricky to get just right. Most of my lists are triple-checked but could still contain errors. It'd be nice if there was a quick way to contribute to existing published fan-lists..... we need a wiki!!

Uh, tnjrp, which of the..... 4 PDFs on the Defiance page is the right one? Nevermind, I'll grab them all.

I get 12 PV for the trooper and 21 PV for the blaster.

The trooper is base cost 8 + HTH 3 + reflex 0.5 = 11.5

rounds to 12 PV.

The Blaster is profile 11 at FR2 = 11 PV.

The underslung GL is profile 49 at 2"9+ ( so, 5pv) plus IF capability for that frame which is +13 = 18 PV

The combo cost is .25 of the cheapest weapon (for tandem) plus the full cost of the most expensive weapon, which is 18 + 2.75 by my reckoning, which = 20.75 which rounds to 21.

TNJRP, how many frames did your PIG army allow?

EDIT: man, we need someone to update the links so the PIG PDF is the most recent, full-army-list one.

It's just as I suspected, the officially published PDFs are correct as per published or errata'ed PVs.

There appears to be a variable amount of error in all the infantry frame PVs that indicates I may have used the preliminary Excell sheets to calculate the PVs instead of the published book. So some of the weapons are most likely also somewhat off, although the Blaster's PV and the turret Rail Cannon are "just" uncorrected typos. Sigh. They looked so natural...

So close but no banana, robertsjf. You'll have to wait until next week for the corrected version, I'm afraid.

http://herosgames.homestead.com/DVG.html for more army lists.

smokingwreckage wrote:

It'd be nice if there was a quick way to contribute to existing published fan-lists..... we need a wiki!!

Or just a place where you could post a list and have people pull it apart. I figured the turret railgun cost was due to the fact that it was turret mounted....

A more rigorously checked version of the P.I.G list is now available on my site:
http://herosgames.homestead.com/DVG.html

Mind you, I'm too much of a software professional to claim it's completely error free -- you takes your chances...

Fantastic! Thanks!