Rich

Re: Cold Navy for sale???

hundvig wrote:

Oh, now that's what I wanted to hear... 

Rich

I can get behind that sentiment as well.  big_smile

Cool...

I've been holding out for the Deisho fleet...  and I want to definitely get a chance at them.

Although, I am sorry to see it go like this.... the creative genious that has already been displayed with them is something I am loathe to see go away.......

John

hundvig wrote:

Oh, now that's what I wanted to hear...

He's scampering to make up for dropping the ball on VOID 1.1... tongue

If anyone doesn't know, the Mauriddian ships are sex.

I wonder if the creativity behind the CN line might be more able to work for hire or on a piece basis than it is to run the entire business?

PS if MJ12 gets this, I will do a happy dance. Literally, I will say "GO DAN!" and jump up and do a happy dance around the loungeroom while my wife looks on in bemusement.

Actually, I think there will be more than one happy dance.......

John
lol

I alwayed loved the ships, but there was never a 'fleet' feel for me and that was the biggest turnoff (due to not being able to expand the line fast enough was rough).  I also thought that the smaller ships were a bit TOO big for mhy tastes, but the designs and the like were pretty as all get out.   If you do grab it, I hope you can expand the line to include more ships!

If this works, is the Arcurian (spelling?) Federation finally going to have ships? smile

-Bren

Second that opinion.  Cold Navy ships were great, but there wasn't enough variety in the initial release to build a real fleet, and new releases were far too slow to compensate.  The Iron Stars range has the same problem for me.

I greatly prefer the approach GZG has been taking with Full Thrust, where they release a large number of ship types for a given fleet in one or two big releases, which lets you buy what you want all at once instead of being left waiting for new hulls somewhere down the road.  Give me a dozen sculpts to choose from all at once and I'll probably buy at least a few of each.  Give me three or four or six, and the promise of more "later" and I'll probably wait till "later" rather than buy an incomplete fleet.  That way if "later" never comes, it's not my problem.

Rich

I don't see any major problem with the number of ship-types in my fleet. More would be nice at some point... but the boxed set plus a few doubles should be plenty.

So, Dan... Did you buy it or not?

As an extremely vaguely related aside, there are rumours that Cobalt-1 line (the one with the nice minis and awful rules, remember?) is being ousted by West Wind and thus may be coming up for grabs tongue

Obviously MJ12 needs more money. There's only one way to fix that!

Dan!

Sell a kidney!