Topic: strategyzoneonline interested in interviewing

Mr. Dan about his rules.

I've been on the forum for a while, and put a thread in the minis sub-forum that it was a treat to be part of the 2nd IS supplement. 

The miniature rules admin there then put the announcement of "Southern Front's release" on the SZO front page and posted he'd be interested in interviewing the guy behind the rules.  Which would be Dan  big_smile

Neat chance to plug MJ12, maybe?

Re: strategyzoneonline interested in interviewing

I've talked to Scott over at SZO, and he'd like to publish a review of Iron Stars... anyone interested in writing one up, that would include an interview with me?

smile

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Finally I found time to write up some interview questions and get them to you.  Sorry for the delay.   :oops:

So...any of you Iron Stars fans want to do a review to accompany the interview?  It would be a nice one-two punch!   big_smile

I would be, but Im not fantastic at reviews. sad

murtalianconfederacy wrote:

I would be, but Im not fantastic at reviews. sad

Well, if you have the time, give it a shot.  I'm not adverse to doing some editing if need be. 

For a non-computerized game, we use the following rating categories:

Components
Rules/Documentation
Gameplay
Replay Value

If you use these as guidelines for your review, you should do just fine.

Okay, I'll give it a try.

Any word limit?

Honest to goodness, we need someone with no interest in being involved in the game writing any review. There's a conflict of interest that could pop up if we have someone write  a review and then their name pops up in the next supplement, which I think is gonna happen as folks like your Greek and French designs.

If I hadn't seen a conflict of interest in my writing an article, I woulda done it.  Used to to write newspaper articles for a living smile

I declined when SZO asked me if I could do it.  If someone on this forum just wanted to write an introductory article to the game, that would be different. 

Just my opinion.

themattcurtis wrote:

Honest to goodness, we need someone with no interest in being involved in the game writing any review. There's a conflict of interest that could pop up if we have someone write  a review and then their name pops up in the next supplement, which I think is gonna happen as folks like your Greek and French designs.

Err... even if I thought that was a problem (which I don't), I doubt it would be possible to find a player who is enthusiastic enough to write a review who hasn't also considered writing stuff that might be included at a later date.

In other words, go for it John! smile

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Okay, I'll give it a try.

Any word limit?

We try to keep it with 500-2000 words.  But, as with all writing, just write was needs to be said.   big_smile

themattcurtis wrote:

That is a good point.  I'm obviously new to the community around here, so I don't know who is who, but if anybody has a professional interest in the game, I don't think it would appropriate to review the game. 

I declined when SZO asked me if I could do it.  If someone on this forum just wanted to write an introductory article to the game, that would be different.

Also a good point.  I have room for game intros, opinion pieces, AARs, etc.  So if you are officially connected with the game or MJ12, that doesn't mean you cannot contribute material.  You just need to focus on a different type of material.

It shouldn't pose a conflict as long as the material being reviewed is prior to the supplement contributed to I would think.

Oh...

Right, sorry, I totally forgot about that. Im sorry, STortorice, but if people might consider it a conflict of interest, I won't do it.

Pity, though.

go0gleplex wrote:

It shouldn't pose a conflict as long as the material being reviewed is prior to the supplement contributed to I would think.

Heh, that certainly counts ME out...

Oh...

Right, sorry, I totally forgot about that. Im sorry, STortorice, but if people might consider it a conflict of interest, I won't do it.

Pity, though.

What about an AAR?  It would be a good way to explain the game and show how it works.  They're real easy to write and all you need is a camera to take pictures of the action.

Haven't got a camera, sorry...:(

But I've been told to write a review anyway (won't mention name, but he's posted in this thread), so expect a review from me...:D

But I've been told to write a review anyway (won't mention name, but he's posted in this thread), so expect a review from me...:D

Great!  Thank you and your unknown conspirator!   lol

Just thought I would check in to see how that review is coming.   big_smile   You have me salivating over here!  LOL!

Its not. sad

I apologise, but although I have been on here, braving rain and wind, I have actually been unwell--this damn cold just won't die, and Id like to have a clear head so that any gibberish I do turn in is entirely my own fault.

But, when this cold does die, I will write a review so breathtakingly rubbish that you'll wonder exactly what sort of lunatic I am...:D

Its not. sad

I apologise, but although I have been on here, braving rain and wind, I have actually been unwell--this damn cold just won't die, and Id like to have a clear head so that any gibberish I do turn in is entirely my own fault.

But, when this cold does die, I will write a review so breathtakingly rubbish that you'll wonder exactly what sort of lunatic I am...:D

LOL!  Good enough!   smile  Get well soon!

Just an update:

The new Xtreme-Gamer website is real close to going live, so if that review of Iron Stars is ready, I would be glad to receive it.   big_smile How's it coming?

Uh...

Its coming. Don't worry about it. I've just got a few hundred words to go...:D

I've just had a few problems at home (still ongoing, actually) so my mind hasn't been totally focused...:)

Now that the review is in the final stages of editing, does someone want to provide some photos of a gaming session?  That would be great!

So where is this at now?  Went to look for it and didn't see anything.

It's in a holding pattern until the new website goes live....hopefully by late next week.  Last minute technical problems and all that....

Curse those technical problems...

and the gremlins they belong to too!  tongue