Topic: E-mail integration

Those who choose not to move over to the forum can now receive e-mails via the Yahoo! group.

I will notify everyone once e-mails sent to the Yahoo! group are being uploaded to the forum... but one-way communication is better than none.

smile

Dan

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Re: E-mail integration

cricket wrote:

Those who choose not to move over to the forum can now receive e-mails via the Yahoo! group.

Also, a request for those posting from the forum -- please sign your message, and quote the appropriate text of any message to which you reply. Otherwise, those reading the e-mail version won't know who you are or what you are talking about... wink

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Okay...

The "From" field in your e-mail client should now indicate which section of the forum each message comes from.

Dan

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Cricket,

That feature (which is inspired genius - almost as if I suggested something like it in another forum a few minutes ago) does not appear to be working 100 % reliably.

martimer wrote:

Cricket,

That feature (which is inspired genius - almost as if I suggested something like it in another forum a few minutes ago) does not appear to be working 100 % reliably.

Umm... the sender of this message, for example, should be "MJXII News", since it came from the "News" board.

It's working on my end... hmm

Dan

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

cricket wrote:

It's working on my end... hmm

Dan

Works for me too - every message "from" is prefaced with MJXII, but the specific forum it came from always follows...

Josh

Chad Wilson wrote:

> -----Original Message-----
> From: mj12games@yahoogroups.com

> This whole set-up with the mailing list and the forums is
> simply not working out very well.

At the risk of re-opening a debate that frankly isn't up for debate, I'll say this:

The forum/e-mail integration thing is working exactly as advertised. I never said it would be able to make all people completely happy...

Right now, if someone wishes to keep up with the discussions via e-mail, they can do so either by subscribing directly through the forum, or by being a part of the Yahoo! group.

However, it is clear that anyone who wishes to be a full participant in these discussions is going to have to register for the forum.

I know this isn't the solution that makes everyone feel warm and fuzzy, but it is the solution we're going with.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Just testing something out... don't mind me. smile

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com