Topic: new Sovereign Stars?

Does MJ12 plan to rejuvenate their Sovereign Stars game? It would be fine to hear, because I really liked it.

Re: new Sovereign Stars?

Enpeze wrote:

Does MJ12 plan to rejuvenate their Sovereign Stars game? It would be fine to hear, because I really liked it.

Yes. The intent is there.

But I have no time frame.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Well, get on with it.  I need something to replace the cold, dead spot Twilight Imperium 3 left in my heart.  smile

Rich

hundvig wrote:

Well, get on with it.  I need something to replace the cold, dead spot Twilight Imperium 3 left in my heart.  smile

Rich

Didnt you like the new TI3?

To Dan: It would be very "leiwond" to have a new, streamlined version of sovereign stars. I liked the newly designed sovereign hex-tiles you posted very much.

Enpeze wrote:
hundvig wrote:

Rich

I like parts of it better than the earlier editions, but the actual game play leaves me very, very cold.  TI *should* be about massive fleet clashes, planetary invasions, and grinding the life out of your enemies.   All of which are great ways to lose the game, unfortunately.  To actually win, you have to play turtle a lot, carefully make sure that you take the Imperial strategy when it's your turn to do so, and fight only when you have to to earn VPs or deny them to others...which isn't often.  About all an agressive warlord can do is take somebody with him to defeat while everyone else surges ahead on VPs.

A clever game in a lot of ways, but unrewarding to play as it stands.  Badly in need of the (overdue) expansion to give us some victory conditions that encourage actually using your fleets more than once or twice a game.

Rich

Enpeze wrote:

"leiwond"

What does that mean?

hundvig wrote:
Enpeze wrote:
hundvig wrote:

Rich

I like parts of it better than the earlier editions, but the actual game play leaves me very, very cold.  TI *should* be about massive fleet clashes, planetary invasions, and grinding the life out of your enemies.   All of which are great ways to lose the game, unfortunately.  To actually win, you have to play turtle a lot, carefully make sure that you take the Imperial strategy when it's your turn to do so, and fight only when you have to to earn VPs or deny them to others...which isn't often.  About all an agressive warlord can do is take somebody with him to defeat while everyone else surges ahead on VPs.

A clever game in a lot of ways, but unrewarding to play as it stands.  Badly in need of the (overdue) expansion to give us some victory conditions that encourage actually using your fleets more than once or twice a game.

Rich

The same feeling I have about this game. I liked the 2nd edition much more. Unfortunately I sold it shortly before 3rd ed. came out. I sold the 3rd ed. too. It was not that bad, but a little bit too boring to me. I have many other games I prefer (like Fortress America or Starmada smile)

thedugan wrote:
Enpeze wrote:

"leiwond"

What does that mean?

Leiwond means "great". Its Vienna slang. smile