Topic: Coldest War

Ok... I'm working on an alternate history setting for the new Admiralty Edition.  The Soviets and Americans continue to aggressively explore space.  By 1976 Plymouth Base is opened on the Moon, and so on.  I want it to have the  feel of a might have been possible timeline, but I'm not going to let real science hamper it.  Ships are basically going to be Cruisers (~ size 8 ) and frigates (~ size 5).  Here's a link to a pdf with the first Soviet (Sovetsky Soyuz) and American (Florida) cruisers.

http://www.geocities.com/larsterkhan/ColdestWar1lr.pdf

Re: Coldest War

Good stuff!

I like that you've latched on to the new carrier/seeker rules -- this is EXACTLY what I was hoping for. smile

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

I've always wanted to see this kind of setting.  And when I heard about Admiralty Edition and the new vector movement it brought it all to the forefront.  And when I got a chance to read the rules all I could think was "HECK YEAH".  The fighter/striker/seeker rules just rock.  That's the kind of customization for those systems I've always wanted.

Oooops.  Don't know what I was thinking.  Soviet Hyperguns should have a real lousy Acc.  I've got a new version of the pdf up at the same link.

what line of minis or playing pieces would you use to represent these guys?  I'm late in asking -- original post is 2 weeks old -- but I'd play with these big_smile

I'm not sure.  I'm just using whatever counters are at hand.  I even had some time at work and used coke bottle tops :roll: . 

themattcurtis wrote:

what line of minis or playing pieces would you use to represent these guys?  I'm late in asking -- original post is 2 weeks old -- but I'd play with these big_smile