Topic: Board Games Anyone?

Okay, before anybody says anything.

I know I'm supposed to be working on the For the Macedonians and FtM 2nd Ed. and I'm horribly behind on that.

But, as I was sifting through the Steve Jackson Games website and came across their submissions guidelines for card and board games, I thought... Why should I give Steve Jackson a chance to crush me with ridicule and mean editorial remarks about my rules, when I can have my friends do it instead!

Here's the game, the poll is to see if there's any interest in a board game:

Building Stonhenge:

You represent a clan vying for power in the "old timy" era of the aztecs and early native americans.

Each player's task is to build a Stonehenge before the infidel and smelly opponents do.

Okay, it's a rough idea, and I have a set of rules that completely sucks, so it would take some work to fix, but the idea is that it's a builder-style game wherein the players spend resources to create a phased-style stonehenge over the course of the game.

There may also be some form of combat as you will probably want to send soldiers with sticks off to your opponent's structures to knock over their rocks.

Additionally, there may be things like random events such as plague or blight or the invention of really soft pillows.

Whaddya think?

Re: Board Games Anyone?

jimbeau wrote:

You represent a clan vying for power in the "old timy" era of the aztecs and early native americans.

Each player's task is to build a Stonehenge before the infidel and smelly opponents do.

Do you have specific rules for us to see?

Also, would this be more a "serious" German-type game, or a tongue-in-cheek thing?

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

yes (like I said, they need help), and tongue in cheek.

I imagine that is is a serious tongue, firmly planted in the cheek.

So here's the rules...

like I said, they need help.  they're more of an outline than a complete set.