Topic: Starmada integration? (piqued!)

I've been hoping for a finalized version of assault corps to be the planetary assault part of a set of rules in a galactic conquest campaign system.

Recently I read that Wardogs has optional rules for integration into Starmada...

Well hot diggity!  I'm thinking that it has the potential to be very cool!

Is Wardog suited for non-mecha games?  Or can a player who wants to play a non-mecha army still going to be competitive with a decent chance of winning?

--Flak Magnet

Re: Starmada integration? (piqued!)

Yup!  Still have a good chance of victory.  The most you give up is a slight disadvantage in equipment modules and fewer terrain options for armored vehicles.  But with good tactics that account for this and air support, you can pulverize the enemy just as well with or without mecha in play. 

:twisted:

Re: Starmada integration? (piqued!)

Pure vee play also stands a good chance of taking a shorter time than Mecha play: On a penetrating hit, there's a 5.5% chance of an insta-kill on a walker, but a 20% chance of an instant kill on a vehicle.

As far as vees vs. walkers go, you're certainly more threatened by penetrating shots, but you're probably going to have better fire arcs for all of your weapons due to your turrets. You also won't have to worry about stability rolls incurred by hits of any kind, so your battle plan is actually a little less threatened from non-penetrating shots.