Topic: Generic Counters?

Howdy All,

Unfortunately, I don't have a very good collection of minis for use with Wardogs.  I do have a nice selection of BT maps; I'd like a nice set (print on demand) of counters to use with 'em.

Any suggestions?

Re: Generic Counters?

Not really generic...and only a couple of mecha, but what I could find so far.

http://www.classicbattletech.com/downloads/CBTQSR_Mappages-2-15.pdf

There's also a couple cardboard characters packs at RPG Now that might work as well.

Molotov wrote:

Unfortunately, I don't have a very good collection of minis for use with Wardogs.  I do have a nice selection of BT maps; I'd like a nice set (print on demand) of counters to use with 'em.
Any suggestions?

Do I need to render up some counters? Wouldn't be that hard, I've got some mecha modeled already....

Might be a pretty good idea Mike.  I'm sure a few folks would probably appreciate it.  Especially if useable with AC or DVG.  :wink:

thedugan wrote:
Molotov wrote:

Any suggestions?

Do I need to render up some counters? Wouldn't be that hard, I've got some mecha modeled already....

Yes.  Yes, you do.  smile

Mike want a hand?, I have a pile of those unused Iron Dogs Mechs....

(PS Mike did you get the Valiant...  smile )

middenface wrote:

Sure, you can send 'em to me, post 'em as is, or post 'em as 'tent minis'.

I figure tent minis would be good - it was good for Iron Stars....
:-)

middenface wrote:

Is that the really cool Victorian ship you posted on FOTS 3D? Yes, I'm a bit behind email wise....

go0gleplex wrote:

Might be a pretty good idea Mike.  I'm sure a few folks would probably appreciate it.  Especially if useable with AC or DVG.  :wink:

Gimme a few days...

How big, a tent mini about two inches tall?

I'll post some odds and ends, you can work up the stats if you like.

Yeah...tent mini's sound fine.   The scale is Unit size times 2 meters...so the range runs 2m for powered armor to 20 meters for the BIG units. smile

thedugan wrote:
middenface wrote:

Sure, you can send 'em to me, post 'em as is, or post 'em as 'tent minis'.

I figure tent minis would be good - it was good for Iron Stars....

OK, let me see. probably better I render them, if your doga setup isn;t like mine doga may spit its dummy ? Mind you I can try one, I think these are old enough to use only the standard parts..

middenface wrote:

Is that the really cool Victorian ship you posted on FOTS 3D? Yes, I'm a bit behind email wise....

No I sent it you and a few others off list. Its a royal navy warship with Lightning Cannons, found a funky way of doing them in DOGA

Mike's gotten some mecha tent counters done...and they look pretty spiff.  smile   I'll try and get those posted for download in the next day or three.

10 mecha 'tent' mini's for test play are now located here....thanks to Mike!

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/mj12games/files/Wardogs%21/

I'm currently working on stats for these and hope to have them available by sunday. :wink:

go0gleplex wrote:

I'm currently working on stats for these and hope to have them available by sunday. :wink:

Looking pretty awesome there Mike!

JP

go0gleplex wrote:

The Unit Record Sheets for the mecha are now posted with the counter sheets in two zip files.  They are numbered to match the counter sheet page.  The unit names for each sheet, left to right are as follows;

Sheet 1- Ape, Crusader, Paladin, Stingray, Myrmidon

Sheet 2- Gladiator PA, Gunman, M3-Trainer "Egghead", Thunderchief PA, Thunderstroke

Good luck...and good hunting! *crazed maniacal laughter* :twisted:

Nifty!!  I'm glad I made the request.  Heh.  wink

Thank much - quite handy!

I took a look at the created mecha and they have sparked my interest to try this out again.  Too bad I can't have everything finished by Gencon... That would be a good place to try that system out...

-Bren

Justin Crough wrote:
go0gleplex wrote:

Looking pretty awesome there Mike!

JP

Thanks, I've been fighting the flu, and getting the kids ready for school - but I've been slowly slipping out more to Todd, I'm unsure at this point whether to put anything on the 'backside' of the counter - I was thinking about putting the stats on there, but I'm not sure they'd all fit.

Mostly, in my weirder moments, I've been modelling some pretty goofy-looking mecha, but a few are passable. Even some legged tanks...

Not to be cast in stone...;)  For test play/ generic counters I think what you've done so far is fine Mike.  I'd not worry overly much about stats on them. As you said, a bit of information to try to squeeze on.  Besides...don't want just ANYONE knowing what you're packin, eh? *WEG*

The 'setting' faction forces probably will want the front and rear view on the counter methinks...but let's leave it open for discussion at this point. smile

I'm slowly doing stats up...but I think Mike is ahead of me on counter production at the moment. *chuckles*

jygro wrote:

I took a look at the created mecha and they have sparked my interest to try this out again.  Too bad I can't have everything finished by Gencon... That would be a good place to try that system out...

-Bren

Yeah...that would be an acid test of things wouldn't it. smile  If all goes well in the next several months, I should be able to run a few games at Enfilade 2007 next year. *crossing my fingers*

Not to be snippy, or that I thought anyone was going to do anything wrong, but just a reminder that you have permission to print out the mecha counters released here for use in your personal games, but they aren't to be included in any other games by other people without mine and Todd's permission.

You're perfectly free to print out all you want, stat them out in any game system (Defiance, Wardogs, ARES, or even Classic Battletech) that you play - just don't claim they're yours.

A friend on another list mentioned that pointing this out right now would be ...prudent. <shrug>

Probably goes for all the MJ12 stuff, I found a copy of StarmadaX via Emule, so anything is possible.

Hey what happened to the material, did it get pulled or something.

f.whitfield wrote:

Hey what happened to the material, did it get pulled or something.

It was playtest type material and the link fell victim to one of several forum crashes/resets.  There may be something in the future on this however.  No promises at this time.   :?