Topic: Rounding Equipment and Weapon Mod's

I just realized that I had overlooked some rounding issues, so I took a look through the lists and had a couple of questions.

For the Aerial mod's, Full and Jet-assisted are not described as "rounding up" either the EM cost or the MP value, but Partial Flight is described as rounding up both values.  Correct?

For weapon mod's, the example given for the Hand Carried weapon clearly shows that the HP value is rounded up (but this isn't listed in the HP cost with the modifier, which is why I overlooked it, so it might be a good idea to add it there).  The only other Weapon Mod I can find that suggests that the HP cost be rounded up is the Ballistic Reload, but the example is a bit unclear, since the math would round up anyway (7.8 to 8).  Does Ballistic Reload also round up?

Also, just to double-check, the Stealth Mod uses regular rounding? Just checking, as other mod's seem to use round up pretty universally.

Cheers,

Christopher

Re: Rounding Equipment and Weapon Mod's

Go0gleplex wrote:

Formula Rounding Revision:

ALL uneven values round up unless stated specifically to round down.

Only the final answer/total of the formula should round.

(this should eliminate all confusion on this issue)

Well er.. clear as mud.
So in math talk 1,3,5,7,9 become 2,4,6,8,10

Could you mean than anything that is a percentage of the base Equipment Modules is rounded up?

Paul

I took it to mean that all decimal values (i.e. "uneven" numbers) round up - but this is applicable to all math, not just EM's, so it changes a few bits here and there.

I think Thermal Dampers are the only item specifically listed as rounding down (for the Thermal Sig reduction), so that would be the only exception.

simply that if you're taking 30% of 27 EM which is 8.1, you'll round up instead of to nearest whole which is 9 EM.

If you have, say 4 x 1.2 x 3.4; only the final answer of after all the multiplication is done  of 16.32 is rounded up to 17, not the individual components such as 1.2...

and even going to the nearest....1, 3, 5, 7, 9 already were 2, 4, 6, 8, 10...only now even 3.2 will equal 4 and so on.

And this applies to all decimals, for instance Point Values (unless specifically noted as rounding down), correct?

catenwolde wrote:

And this applies to all decimals, for instance Point Values (unless specifically noted as rounding down), correct?

It did state all uneven values.