Re: Rulebook construction questions

well...nuts. I was sure I had that explained in there.  Chaingun is plainly stated about the ROF=ammo used, as is the ballistic under Multiple Launch Tubes.  The one shot per turn= one ammo is inferred but not plainly stated.   :oops:  d'oh.

Page 52
AP shells.
"Halves target AR"
Rounddown Odd AR?

Page 40
Hanger Bay
"....carry up to 240 cargo units of combat units such as 3 size 1 units...."
Should be 4 size 1 units, (slip of the key?)

Paul

AP shells halve the target AR.  Per the previous question on rounding, unless it specifically states up or down, then round to nearest.  Thus, if a AR 7 is halved, it is a 3.5 or AR 4 for intent of the shells.

OldnGrey wrote:

Page 40
Hanger Bay
"....carry up to 240 cargo units of combat units such as 3 size 1 units...."
Should be 4 size 1 units, (slip of the key?)

Paul

Got me on that one Paul... One of those, forgot to change the number after tweaking values moments. d'oh! ><  Though, the three size 1 units is still valid...:P   lol

I was reading the hostile environs section, i think you are missing one or need to at address it.

Radiated Environments, like after nuclear exchanges or crossing irradiated terrian.

Btw, how do you do nuclear weapons such as tactical nukes or other weapons of mass destruction.

I like to use nasty environs for my games.

f.whitfield wrote:

I was reading the hostile environs section, i think you are missing one or need to at address it.

Radiated Environments, like after nuclear exchanges or crossing irradiated terrian.

Btw, how do you do nuclear weapons such as tactical nukes or other weapons of mass destruction.

I like to use nasty environs for my games.

Well, for starters, no infantry. I can't see much adjustment up or down for heat. The background radiation might cause some funky sensor effects, but that's up to you.

As for using nuclear, etc. weapons in the course of a regular battle... Well, even Mekton Zeta had reservations about that one, and I'd say that Wardogs is somewhat less gonzo than that. Now, if they're fighting at, say, the far edge of a nuclear explosion, I'd make an EMP attack against all units on the field.

Well at least the mech or vehicle would have to have a sealed cockpit and infantry would have to have decent enviromental gear.

Ever played OGRE.

Love playing Mekton Zeta.

Hmmm...tossing nukes around on planets. BAAAAAAD idea.  Only so much real estate out there...and the last time a planet got fusion bombed, well...remember what happened to Earth in reprisal. 

On a more practical note: Hex scale is 200m.  Even a artillery combat tac nuke will wipe out (blast, heat, and shock wave) a radius of 25 hexes (5 km) minimum (My ROTC instructor was a Nuclear Ord. Officer for reference. wink)  Ortillery is even more impressive in AoE due to simple kinetic energy, hence most such weapons are likely to be energy based if a so-called surgical strike is desired.  If I were to model the actual effects in the rules scale...no unit above ground would have a prayer of surviving the strike...which is the primary reason that this was specifically not included. wink

If you REALLY want to go play on irradiated environments, then as Rifleman said.  Infantry (other than PA) is out.

OFFICIAL CONTENT
Type M- Irradiated
Class 31:  Lock-on range is limited to 15 maximum. Infantry cannot survive. 
Class 32: Lock-on range is limited to 9 maximum. Treat as Class 26 (Desert) for possible equipment failure due to radiation damage. Infantry cannot survive. Vehicles without Hostile Environment Modifications cannot survive.

Thanks.

Feel sorry for the mutlitudes i use this on.

Btw, what would be the fix for this be:

Environmental Protection - Irradiated Environment

f.whitfield wrote:

Hostile Environment Modifications cover all Hostile environments: It just means that the unit has the capability to be modified for inhospitable settings.

RiflemanIII wrote:
f.whitfield wrote:

Hostile Environment Modifications cover all Hostile environments: It just means that the unit has the capability to be modified for inhospitable settings.

absolutely correct. A unit with HEM is less likely to suffer penalties to its operation.

Ah, i found it... dont agree but i found it.

I remember Mekton Zeta had Environmental Protection or something like it and it works very different from what i read in the rules for Wardogs.

I understand that the 2 games are different but EP should allow a bit more in this game.

Like for example a Main Battle Tank that has EP would still function in the environment protected against as long as the protection was rated for it.

The environments provided are a generalization of a range of extremes.  With that in mind, the HEM was set up also as a generalization in concept...to partially mitigate effects but not serve as simply a built in set of shields. 

But again, this is one of those things where the rules were set up specifically to allow for customization of the type game you want to play. smile  Think of them more as a set of uniform guidelines...

Page 55 Infantry Heavy Weapons.
Ballistic level 4.
No Ammo noted (did they run out? Ha Ha).

The Ballistic shepherd rock throwing unit?

Paul

OldnGrey wrote:

Page 55 Infantry Heavy Weapons.
Ballistic level 4.
No Ammo noted (did they run out? Ha Ha).

The Ballistic shepherd rock throwing unit?

Paul

What?!? You never heard of air missiles?  lol   (added to errata)

Jump Pack page 40

"When jumping the unit may ignore terrain modifiers (and in the case of infantry........"

Table 13 has jump pack as Infantry unit only.

Though I have restriced it to Infantry and Power armor Infantry.

Paul

sounds like another hold over. *sigh*  It should be infantry only.  PA is a size 1 mecha...so would use jet assisted flight instead of jump pack.

Ta.
I just cannot get around the image of infantry in power assisted suits instead of a little sit in mech.

PAUL

Page 40 Infantry Compartment
(See Infantry Construction Section, page XX of these rules for Loading and Unloading of Infantry.)

Infantry Construction Section? Love to see.

Paul

Oh >expletive string deleted<!!!  :evil:   Now I KNOW I corrected that during a proof read. 

note to self: never EVER use scribus again for anything more than character sheets.

It should read "See Infantry Transport, Page 10"

Essentially...a size 1 mecha IS a power suit.  Example:  I am 1.88m tall.  A size 1 mecha is 2m tall....or 6ft vs a bit over 7 feet or so.  Hence PA being size 1 mecha.

Being an engineering type...I was paying attention to these lil details.  lol

I see where I was going wrong, Power Armor infantry kind of implies more than one. Where  Power Armor Trooper is one. I admit Power Armor Trooper is indicated in table 11.

Confusion came from Table 10 where "Power Armor Infantry" are ** to Infantry, unit number 2 and MP multiplier 0.
Underneath it says that they are considered size 1 mecha for design, so should the unit number be 5 and MP multiplier 4, as for mecha?

Perhaps the "**" should be removed and list amended to:
5- Mecha & Power armor trooper (size 1)

Co-Pilot/Gunner seat (page 39) has no restriction regarding unit size. Pilot and gunner would have to be on VERY friendly terms in a size 1 unit!
Should a size restriction be considered?

Paul

That infantry wording suggestion may make it to the second ed. wink

Not gonna worry about the co-pilot/gunner issue.  Some anime actually have something like a size 1 mech-dual pilot set up. (back to back seating, elongated torso)  So this is gonna fall into a "personal taste/common sense" sorta thing.

Hey i didnt see a common sense mod  tongue