Topic: Mecha of the Imperial Interstellar Corps

The Mecha Battalions of the Interstellar Corps are the sword and shield of the Third Empire, constantly engaged in protecting its far-flung worlds and carrying the Imperial Edict into new systems.  Each battalion is composed of six companies, each of four mecha, with a typical Line Battalion numbering 4 companies of Fusilier medium mecha, 1 company of Voltiguer light mecha, and 1 company of Grenadier heavy mecha.

The following entries will describe what is currently known about the Mecha of the Imperial Interstellar Corps, with more information being added when available.

Re: Mecha of the Imperial Interstellar Corps

The Fusilier

The Fusilier is a flexible medium mecha designed to dominate the battlefield through maneuver and overwhelming firepower.  In its standard configuration, it combines the long range firepower of a Cold Plasma E-Mag Cannon and two batteries of 4cm LRM's, capable of reducing the most heavily armored targets to smoldering scrap in short order.  Enemies who seek to avoid these weapons and bring the fight to close range are met by the Fusilier's hand-held Heavy Anti-Materiel Rifle (HAMR), while those closing in for hand-to-hand combat are targeted by twin Flechette guns.  Backing up these weapons systems is an advanced sensor array capable of tracking the most difficult targets, and an energy dispersion system masking the Fusilier's own profile.

The Fusilier's weapon systems, especially its missile batteries, are designed to be modular in nature.  A wide variety of battery types are available, chosen according to the needs of the particular mission.  These include General Purpose missiles, SRM's, MRM's, the standard LRM's, indirect fire missiles, and airburst area effect anti-infantry missiles.  The E-Mag Cannon may be replaced by a S-RAM (Shield-Resonant Anti-Materiel) Rifle when fighting enemies known to make use of Energy Shield technology.  There is also a variant of the HAMR using heavy explosive shells, affectionately dubbed the HEATR (Heavy Explosive Anti-Tank Rifle).

The Fusilier's main weaknesses are it's somewhat light armor (although this is mitigated to some extent by its use of crystal reinforced alloy), and the vulnerability of its externally mounted weapons.  This tends to force Fusilier companies to press their attack quickly in order to gain the full advantage of their firepower before the enemy can wear them down, however the mechas are maneuverable enough to take advantage of terrain where possible.  A new variant of the Fusilier using the superior alloy armor developed for the Grenadier class mecha is in development, however commanders are said to be reluctant to accept the downgrading of the Fusilier's traditional weapon systems which would be required to offset the increased weight of the armor.

Point Value: 295
Unit Type: Mecha
Size: 6
Tech Level: Fusion
Movement Points: 9
Stability Modifier: +4
Thermal Signature: 3 (base 9)
Armor Points: 5 (Crystal Reinforced Alloy)

Equipment: Superior Gyroscope, Thermal Dampers L4, Decoy Flares (2), Smoke Dispenser (5), Enhanced Sensors L3

Construction: Right Arm with Hand, Left Arm with Hand, Legs, Waist Turret, Crystal Reinforced Alloy

Cold Plasma Energy Magnified (E-Mag) Cannon (Center Torso)
RNG 5, RoF 1, DMG d10
Energy Weapon, Thermal 1
Inverted & Doubled Range Mod's
(Slow Firing x2, base RoF 3, Extra Damage, base Dmg d8)

4cm LRM Pack (Right Torso)
RNG 5, RoF 1, DMG d10, Ammo 14
Ballistic Weapon, Thermal 1
External, Inverted & Doubled Range Mod's

4cm LRM Pack (Left Torso)

Heavy Anti-Materiel Rifle (HAMR) (Right Hand)
RNG 4, RoF 3, DMG d8, Ammo 3 (2 Extra Magazines)
Kinetic Weapon, Thermal 0
Hand Carried, Reduced Range (4/8/10), Armour Piercing, Doubled Range Mod's

Flechette Gun (Waist Turret)
RNG 1, RoF 3, DMG d4, Ammo 5 (Reduced Ammunition)
Reduced Range (1/-/-), Armor Piercing, Doubled Range Mod's

Flechette Gun (Waist Turret)
RNG 1, RoF 3, DMG d4, Ammo 5 (Reduced Ammunition)
Reduced Range (1/-/-), Armor Piercing, Doubled Range Mod's

Fusilier Weapon Variants

may be substituted for the E-Mag Cannon, both @ 10HP

Cold Plasma Shield-Resonant Anti-Materiel (S-RAM) Rifle
RNG 5, RoF 1, DMG d6
Energy Weapon, Thermal 1
Inverted & Doubled Range Mod's, Shield Resonant, Sniper Scope
(Slow Firing x2, base RoF 3)

may be substituted for any missile battery, all @ 5HP

4cm General Purpose Missile (GPM) Pack
RNG 5, RoF 1, DMG d10, Ammo 13
External

4cm Short Range Missile (SRM) Pack
RNG 6, RoF 1, DMG d10, Ammo 23
External, Reduced Range (6/12/16), Doubled Range Mod's

4cm Medium Ranged Missile (MRM) Pack
RNG 5, RoF 1, DMG d10, Ammo 7
External, No Range Mod's

4cm Long Range Missile (LRM) Pack

4cm Long Range Indirect Fire (LRIF) Pack
RNG 5, RoF 1, DMG d10, Ammo 7
External, Indirect Fire Capable, Inverted & Doubled Range Mod's

Airburst Widespread Explosives (AWE) Pack
RNG 6, RoF 1, DMG d4-2, Ammo 16
External, Airburst Warheads, Multiple Warheads, Reduced Range (6/12/16), Doubled Range Mod's

may be used as a variant missile type for any battery at no cost

Direct-fire Unguided Munition (DUM) Missile variant
Increase RoF to 2
Re-roll Dmg

Example (same standard HP cost of 5):
4cm General Purpose Missile (GPM) DUM Pack
RNG 5, RoF 2, DMG d10, Ammo 13
External, Re-roll Dmg

may be substituted for the HAMR, both @ 2HP

Heavy Explosive Anti-Tank Rifle (HEATR)
Rng 4, RoF 2, Dmg d8
Hand Carried, Reduced Range (4/8/10), Armor Piercing, Doubled Range Mod's, Heavy Explosive

Note: for those who may have reviewed this prior to 10/22, the Fusilier and its variant weapon systems have been modified in response to the clarification of the Reduced Range rule.  This lowered the Point Value of the Fusilier by 4, and effected the SRM's, MRM's, LRM's, LRIF's, and AWE's, as well as the HAMR, HEATR, and Flechette Gun.

catenwolde wrote:

Note: for those who may have reviewed this prior to 10/22, the Fusilier and its variant weapon systems have been modified in response to the clarification of the Reduced Range rule.  This lowered the Point Value of the Fusilier by 4, and effected the SRM's, MRM's, LRM's, LRIF's, and AWE's, as well as the HAMR, HEATR, and Flechette Gun.

How did it lower the point value?

Paul

I had used an increased Range along with Reduced Range on the LRM's (I thought the math made the long range band greater, was wrong), which resulted in a higher Offensive Rating for the weapons (since they are based on Range).  When I dropped the range the OR for the weapons went down.

I take it that the reduced range in the rules will be re written for the next version.
Seems I had it wrong in the spreadsheet. I had reduced all range bands. :oops:

I think that if we mention anything to do with the Range rating we had best make it clear.

I think you missed a "Reduced Ammunition" on the flechette Gun.

Paul

Well, I had made the same mistake, so don't feel bad.  And yes, I forgot to note the Reduced Ammo on the Flechette Guns.  I'll be entering the new mech designs into your spreadsheet when I get a chance.

PS - is it possible to attach pdf's of design sheets to these threads?  It would make posting new mech designs enormously easier.

I have posted an updated version, one of the weapon location drop downs stopped working for some reason (sometimes I think they have minds of their own.)

Put  Tween Battle Armor suit on it (Yes the Tween that like eating Watchee).

Paul

catenwolde wrote:

PS - is it possible to attach pdf's of design sheets to these threads?  It would make posting new mech designs enormously easier.

We need a simple notation system like in starmada to made life easier.  Nu-drake notation perhaps?
-Bren

Had been thinking of adding a text sheet.

Comes out like this:-
Unit Name: Battle Armor (L)      Nation: Tween     (CPV:34)
Type: Mecha   
Unit Size: Very Light (1)
Tech Level: Fission (5)   
Movement Points: 12    (Flight Mode:8)    (VTOL)
Stability Modifier: +1       
Thermal Signature: 3   (Base 7)
Armor Points: 2
Construction:   Left Arm with Hand x1,  Right Arm Without Hand x1,  Legs x2

Equipment:   
Aerial Mod – Jet Assisted, Thermal Dampers (L4),

Weapons (Adjusted):
1) Small Laser   (Left Arm / Side)
Range:1 (1/2/3)     RoF:1    DMG:d4
Energy Weapon        Thermal Signature:3
Mods:

2) SRM2   (Torso / Front)
Range:3 (3/6/9)     RoF:2    DMG:d4
Ballistic Weapon    (2) Tubes    Thermal Signature:1   
Total Ammo:(6)    Reloads = 2
Mods: External Tube / Barrel,

So I have, please check out version 15, will this do?

Paul