Topic: Wardogs construction sheet v15

I have added a text sheet to the latest version.

Please upgrade to v15, if you do not wish to use the text sheet just delete it.
I would welcome any comments (clean ones). Any problems with the spreadsheet?

Paul

Re: Wardogs construction sheet v15

Hi Paul,

I think it will be a good addition.  I'll upgrade and see how things look when I get a spare moment.

Cheers,

Christopher

I just tried to enter the Fusilier into v15, and it appears that the auto-feed of the Equipment cells in the Design sheet are broken.  I only get a "0" appearing for all of them.

That is weird, I have checked my original, the zipped file and the one on Yahoo incase it did not upload correctly. They all work fine. I have not had that happen.

Is the available equipment shown in column AU of the design sheet?
Do you have Cell Contents, AutoCalculate ticked?

The only bug I have encountered is the weapons list in Design column AR not always updating when new weapons are entered. Sometimes the weapon name has to be re entered after the weapon details have been entered.

Paul
ps just sent you v15 incase of bad download.

"WARNING! WARNING! DANGER WILL ROBINSON!"

Well OK maybe not danger but it seems that Calc in OpenOffice version 3 may have a few bugs. Check out the OpenOffice forum.

The construction spreadsheet (and the shipyard) may not work properly if you upgrade.

Paul

Panic over, found the problem. Open office Data Validity in version 3 does not like a cell range to start with an empty cell or one containig a 0 (zero).

I have downloaded OOv3, checked and altered the spreadsheet. it should work with 2.4 and 3.0 now.

Will upload v16 soon.

Paul

Thanks for all the hard work Paul.

I would just like to say
[size=150]IT'S NOT MY FAULT![/size]
Version 3 of Open Office is (insert your own word)UP!

"Starting with OpenOffice.org 3.0 and StarOffice 9, the handling of empty cells got changed." To quote the writers.

In effect they have stopped some value lookups from working as it seems to see value 0 as an empty cell in some cases.
I have done some work arounds for version 17
Please let me know if you have any problems.

Oh and if you have Open Office 2.4 you might want to hang on to it.

Paul

I plan on upgrading my distribution with the release of Ubuntu 8.10 in a few days.  I haven't looked at whether or not this includes OO.org 3 or sticks with 2.4.

I find this changing how things are handled to be very strange.  I mean, the purpose of OO has always included Excel compatibility.  If I understand this correctly, this will make things less compatible with Excel files, which could well kill OO.org for a lot of users.