Topic: SAE "Official" Minis?

Is anybody currently making or planning to make miniatures of the SAE ships available? Either Imperial or Grumm Wars setting? I like both settings and lack time to build (yet another) fleet from scratch.

Re: SAE "Official" Minis?

dave-the-lost wrote:

Is anybody currently making or planning to make miniatures of the SAE ships available? Either Imperial or Grumm Wars setting? I like both settings and lack time to build (yet another) fleet from scratch.

In FA scale?

"FA scale"? I should know that one and don't.

dave-the-lost wrote:

"FA scale"? I should know that one and don't.

Back when AoG had the B5 license they did the mondo huge scale that people are stuck with now and they also did a "Fleet Action" scale that was smaller.  Most ships fit inside a 2" hex.  Individually they were a little cheaper, but they were also smaller.  The only problem they had was there was never a line of non-genre specific ships produced before the B5 license was lost.  They did have a independent line called Turning Point, but it was designed to use the FA rules (which weren't the greatest IMO).  But the line was great.

Ah, yes then FA scale would be ideal. I would say about 2-3 inches long for Capital ships is a good size for gaming.

Those 6" long carriers and Super Galactic Dreadnaughts from MKP get too unwieldy on a hex map.

BFG models are not a bad size, but are not the style I'm looking for. ADB's SFB "Trek" ships, Full Thrust ships, etc are all of appropriate size. 

It's more of a shape thing though.