Topic: More questions

I guess I just overlooked the answers, or maybe it's just to obvious for my brain smile Anyway, here we go:

1. I design a vehicle, and add two energy weapons. Do I increase Thermal Sig for each weapon (i.e. two times), or just once?

2. Target Lock. Once I have achieved it, do I need to reacquire next turn? Only when my target leaves LOS? Never?
(I guess when the target leaves my LOS).

Thanks for your answers!

Re: More questions

Question 1) Yes. Add the thermal sig mod for each weapon.

Question 2) Yes. You must re-roll for lock-on each turn per target.

Thank you. That was fast smile

zorg wrote:

Thank you. That was fast smile

I simply have no life outside of work and the forums...that's all. wink

go0gleplex wrote:

I simply have no life outside of work and the forums...that's all. wink

If that is so, I can just as well continue asking questions... wink

The cost of Crystal Reinforced Alloy - do the rules try to tell me that I just add 20% on top of the armor value, and use the result as cost in EMs (rounded up)?
X Armor *1,2 = cost in EM?

Also, the various weapon mods which only change one of the weapons' base stats (range, rof, dam). Does it, frex, make a difference whether I go for a melee weapon with dam 4, or do it with dam 3+1 (for Large Weapon)?

Thanks for your time. I'm currently tinkering with a few unit designs; after that, I'll do a map. When I'm done, I'll post the results. smile

Pretty much for the Crystal Reinforced Alloy.  Like the example states, if you are spending 6 EM on Armor, taking crystal reinforced alloy costs an extra 20% of that 6 EM.  Or 6 x .2.  This will produce a fractional answer that is rounded up to 2.  So the total EM Cost for the armor becomes 8.

Melee weapons have a max base DMG of 1.  So to get a DMG greater than 1 you need to purchase the enhancements.  Example; You want to do a plasma sword type weapon.  The weapon stats are Rng: 1 (hex), ROF: 1, and DMG:1.  Add Energy Blade with a DMG mod of +1 and the weapon is now DMG:2.
You technically can't do a DMG:3 +1 weapon since the DMG:3 is greater than the allowed base maximum.  (This of course assumes that a person is designing per the book and not customized modifications to same. wink)

go0gleplex wrote:

You technically can't do a DMG:3 +1 weapon since the DMG:3 is greater than the allowed base maximum.

Good point. It's obvious I tinkered with the design while tired! big_smile