Topic: Gunnery Order

Hello all,

We played our first game today and had some questions that I hope someone can help with since I couldn't see anything in the rules:

1) Does the firing player have to declare what ships/weapons are firing at what targets before starting to roll dice?
2) As all damage is applied at the end of the phase, does the target player have to declare what has been hit on his ships?
Where I am going with this is if a ship is destroyed can the firing player then decide to start shooting at another target so he doesn't waste shots.

3) Can the firing player decide on the order he fires the weapons on a given ship?
If you fire normal weapons fire then poison gas shells, the gas hits follow on from any hull damage inflicted by the regular guns, but if you fire them the other way round then hull hits will overlap the gas hits and potentially be wasted, so it is important if the firer gets to choose.

4) Can you fire some weapons on a ship, then some on another ship, and then back to the first one again to fire some more weapons?

5) If a ship as a gyroscopic stabiliser and you are using the target size modifiers for gunnery, does the ship count as one size smaller for that?  I can sort of see that it is more maneuverable so potentially harder to hit than other ships of its size class, but is still the same size.

Thanks

Robin

Re: Gunnery Order

RobinStirzaker wrote:

1) Does the firing player have to declare what ships/weapons are firing at what targets before starting to roll dice?

The firing player does not have to declare all fire from all ships -- but all fire from each ship must be declared before any dice are rolled.

2) As all damage is applied at the end of the phase, does the target player have to declare what has been hit on his ships?

No.

3) Can the firing player decide on the order he fires the weapons on a given ship?

Yes.

4) Can you fire some weapons on a ship, then some on another ship, and then back to the first one again to fire some more weapons?

No.

5) If a ship as a gyroscopic stabiliser and you are using the target size modifiers for gunnery, does the ship count as one size smaller for that?  I can sort of see that it is more maneuverable so potentially harder to hit than other ships of its size class, but is still the same size.

No, but it seems a reasonable house rule.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com