Topic: sxca Questions

Hi all,

I just started into the game and am trying to design some ships using the sxca. I have two questions both having to do with the weapon boxes 1. what is the box marked expendable mean? 2.  and this might show my ingnorance of the rules but how do you show multiple guns in a battery. I know that all weapons in a battery have to have the same stats and all but how do I get more than one to show up in the numbers?

thanks
aaron

Re: sxca Questions

jenkinsdka wrote:

I just started into the game and am trying to design some ships using the sxca. I have two questions both having to do with the weapon boxes 1. what is the box marked expendable mean?

An expendable weapon must be marked as "destroyed" once it has been fired.

2.  and this might show my ingnorance of the rules but how do you show multiple guns in a battery. I know that all weapons in a battery have to have the same stats and all but how do I get more than one to show up in the numbers?

I'm not sure what you're asking?

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

To hopefully clarify question 2.   

on ship designs that are given book a battery appears to contain multiple weapons sometimes with the same arc sometimes with diffrent ones. my question is how do I show this on the spread sheet, not so much the arc but the multiple weapons in  a battery? Does this help?

thanks
aaron

jenkinsdka wrote:

on ship designs that are given book a battery appears to contain multiple weapons sometimes with the same arc sometimes with diffrent ones. my question is how do I show this on the spread sheet, not so much the arc but the multiple weapons in  a battery? Does this help?

Ahh.... I see.

Essentially, you enter in the arc designations into separate boxes on the spreadsheet. For example, if I want three weapons that each fire into the "AB" arc, I would enter "AB" into each of the first three boxes on the "Firing Arcs" line of the spreadsheet.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

ahhh, ok
thanks that makes sense.

Hey Dan, could you put the latest version of the SXCA up on mj12games.com?  I'd rather not walk around Yahoo!Groups alone at this time of night.

Peter Drake

mundungus wrote:

Hey Dan, could you put the latest version of the SXCA up on mj12games.com?  I'd rather not walk around Yahoo!Groups alone at this time of night.

Peter Drake

Second that.  Bloody format change still makes my head ache, and I've watched my groups traffic drop by at least 60% since it happened.  Bet that's helping their advertising rates, eh?

Rich

mundungus wrote:

Actually, that's where it's always been:

http://www.mj12games.com/starmada/sxca.xlt

smile

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

cricket wrote:
mundungus wrote:

smile

That appears to be an old version without the plain-text ship record, custom fighters, etc.

Peter Drake

mundungus wrote:
cricket wrote:

smile

That appears to be an old version without the plain-text ship record, custom fighters, etc.

Well, it is. The "official" SXCA never had any of those options.

However, I'm happy to host whatever files people wish to put up on mj12games.com -- but someone's gotta send 'em to me.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

cricket wrote:

Well, it is. The "official" SXCA never had any of those options.

However, I'm happy to host whatever files people wish to put up on mj12games.com -- but someone's gotta send 'em to me.

Fair enough.  There's probably something to be said for a stable official version that doesn't change every week.  :-)

Peter Drake