Topic: New Year, New Site!

"The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul."
-- G. K. Chesterton

Happy New Year to one and all!

Here's hoping the old year wasn't THAT bad, and that the new one brings hope, joy, and gaming...

With the new year, we've got a new look to the mj12games.com website. As with most things around here, it's not quite finished, but good enough to go public. Let me know what you think.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Re: New Year, New Site!

I clicked the link and saw what looked like an interesting, if somewhat distant background image...and absolutely nothing else. I will reserve judgement until the content arrives!
Erik

It's working for me.

Blacklancer99 wrote:

I clicked the link and saw what looked like an interesting, if somewhat distant background image...

You must've visited in the 30 seconds between my post to the forum and my activating the site. wink

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

:oops:
Must have jumped the gun...I get so excitable!
Next time make sure the page is up and working before posting a teaser like that so we don't have to endure 30 seconds of anticipation!!! big_smile
It does look nice, if less "spacey" than the old one.

Blacklancer99 wrote:

It does look nice, if less "spacey" than the old one.

There has been agitation for a return to the bluish color scheme of the old site...

It's an easy thing, tho, now that I've mastered CSS and PHP.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

I've added a poll to see what people think. To look at the site in either style, just add the following at the end of any URL:

?style=blue
?style=khaki

For example:

http://www.mj12games.com/?style=blue
http://www.mj12games.com/?style=khaki

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

You need a third option of neither. The new site is nice and all but I would prefer to still be able to log in and track my order. So I guess until that is fixed I am stuck in limbo wondering if orders have been sent or if they are still just sitting in the todo box.

JThorp wrote:

So I guess until that is fixed I am stuck in limbo wondering if orders have been sent or if they are still just sitting in the todo box.

Well, and here I thought I was doing a Good Thing by allowing people to order from the web site without having to create yet another login... wink

All orders prior to the new web site have been fulfilled -- please email me if you need further updates.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Blue. Looks quite good...:D

Sweet, I really like the new look for the forums.

Good job all around - really liking the new look of the website. I particularly like the little art squares & the fact that they change every time you go back to the main page, and you did a sweet job of cropping my cover painting from the Defiance book for the Defiance page!

Its also a solid idea having the direct subject links to the forum within each product page.