Topic: A Idea Seed for a Unique Universe

ARES - The Prophecy of Seniastrill

The Lands of Garishares were at peace for thousands of years. Then slowly all of it changes. Sickness fell upon the ruling Draconian. The disappearance of the last Draconian Flying King has unleashed evil powers in all of the land.  The races, that dwelt in peace with each other found new alliances with different powers that returned to the land. Undead stalk the streets, the brave and honored Orks returned to the shadows, the followers of the old gods of destruction and decay return to their old rituals. And from the other side, the shining armored knights, the belligerent amazons, the zealot dwarves, all of them start arming again for the clash.

The rest of the Draconian hide mysteriously, leaving the Castle of the Lords in abandon. And the Prophecy of Seniastrill rises in the voices of the people. The one that conquers the castle will be king. For light, for shadow or for darkness. For life, for struggle or for death. For a thousand of years. And the armies seem to awaken from the torpor of a dying peace. And the marching begins!

Races:

Armies of Light
The Duke's Army of the Lady of the Lake (Humans)
The Draconian Realms Remnants (Draconian)
The Amon Barath High Elf Defense (Elves)
The Mountain Realms of Durann (Dwarves)
The Laughing Battlemaid Amazon Tribe (Humans)

Armies of Shadow
The Morning Lake Karuth Lizardman Tribe (Lizzardmen)
The Soovani Mountains Kingdom (Soovani)
The Mechanized People's Republic of the Marill (Dwarves)
The Wood Elf Tribes of the Spring Water Forest (Elves)
The Jack O'Goblin Mercenary Ensemble (Goblins)
The Darnic Barbarian Tribes (Humans)

Armies of Darkness
The Dark Elf of Shillioth (Elves)
The Regiments of the Living Shadow (Demons)
The Undead Powers of Tcharathinn (Undead)
The Holy Kingdom of the Man-God (Humans)
The Ratmen Expanse (Ratmen)
The Guratz Orc Empire (Orcs)

Rules ideas:

Special unique powers if the army is from Light, Shadow or Darkness.

The various armies have a race profile, type of magic and weapons that can be used, numbers restrictions, but the construction of the units and models is to the player decision. So, as in real life, you will never know exactly what the enemy will bring to the table.

Re: A Idea Seed for a Unique Universe

Jim's actually got a 'world' of sorts, but he hasn't promoted or developed it much.

Not a an of using the word "prophecy" - far too much gravity attached to it, and it's overused in my opinion.

I'd just set the table, and let drop hints of a political struggle - as there aften is in reality. I think the 'faction' names are a little too imaginative, but I like the imagery and ideas behind them.

I wish Jim would chime in and you two could merge the ideas together. It's not that far removed from Jim's setting.

But, what do I know? I'm just the Art Fairy.... big_smile

Bing!

You know, I've got to make up a DOGA figure for 'Art Fairy'....Blue, erect Santa cap, orcish looking, and a mace instead of a wand...maybe a morning star....

thedugan wrote:

Not a an of using the word "prophecy" - far too much gravity attached to it, and it's overused in my opinion.

The prophecy can be just the political agenda of someone.

thedugan wrote:

I'd just set the table, and let drop hints of a political struggle - as there aften is in reality. I think the 'faction' names are a little too imaginative, but I like the imagery and ideas behind them.

I was looking away from the "classical" fantasy of good and evil. In my idea, the Orcs were a good race, and now they are viewed as being bad, but not necessarily.

Ah the names. Just ideas to give form to ideas, I guess.

jimbeau wrote:

Bing!

Tadam!