Topic: Wardog Gameplay Question?

I know that Wardogs is supposed to be compatible with Starmada, but if you were only using the Wardogs rules, could you do a mecha space dogfighting game. I ask because I've recently discovered Gundam 1/400 minis and would love to do a game in Wardogs. I downloaded the Gundam rules, but wasn't impressed at first glance. I of course thought of Wardogs. (With so many options I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the game.)

Re: Wardog Gameplay Question?

Yes.  8-)

Suggested modifications off the cuff would be;

1)  to give the mobile suits default Hostile Environment Level 1 mod for vacuum effects.

2)  Use Partial Flight Modification for "Thrust" in space.

The Hostile Environment Appendix should come in pretty handy as well in generating differing conditions for various battlegrounds.

I would be wary of adjusting the Hand Carried weapon trait TOO much since it can become quite abusable, but feel free to experiment with it a bit since mobile suit hand weapons can be pretty kick butt.

As you said, bringing larger ships into the picture could create a bit of a wrinkle due to scale...but with tinkering, you should be able to put together a quite playable adaptation.   :geek:

not that I've played wardogs before or anything, but I've always wanted to do a death-star like fight where players were individual "ships" or in this case mechs fighting on the surface of a giant moon-sized deathstar, complete with ion cannon turrets and missile launching defense emplacements.

You should be able to do that also Jimbeau...with even less tweakage needed. smile

I'd love to, just the issues with getting into a new line for me...

I have tonnes of stuff I should be doing rather than that sad

jimbeau wrote:

I'd love to, just the issues with getting into a new line for me...

I have tonnes of stuff I should be doing rather than that sad

I can imagine you've got as many issues as I do - mainly raising a family, keeping the boss happy at work, honey-do's...
big_smile

Been there, done that, have considered marketing the T-Shirts....
lol

Don't worry about hand carried weapons. Each model will get a selection of about 4-5 weapons to choose from (about 2-3 rifles and 1 or 2 heavy weapons).