Topic: IRON SKY

Brought to you from the creators of Star Wrack: the Plinkering or whatever it was...(darn memory) The trailer for this on U-Tube looks promising.

http://www.ironsky.net/

Re: IRON SKY

go0gleplex wrote:

Brought to you from the creators of Star Wrack: the Plinkering or whatever it was...(darn memory) The trailer for this on U-Tube looks promising.

http://www.ironsky.net/

Star Wreck: In The Pirkinning - IIRC....

I'm guessing that it's a jab at the way that Chekov would pronouce "Star Trek: In the Beginning", given that it's done by some group that's composed of Slavs (Czech?) that obviously havea sense of humor and knew their main audience would be English speakers....
smile

Heard about this some time ago. Not out yet?

Nope...just a trailer, though they seemed to have announced their chosen cast just in time for Cannes.

thedugan wrote:

I'm guessing that it's a jab at the way that Chekov would pronouce "Star Trek: In the Beginning"

It's a pun on "In the Beginning" all right, but doesn't derive from pronounciation.

given that it's done by some group that's composed of Slavs (Czech?)

Not all that close, so definitely no banana. Sorry.

that obviously havea sense of humor

Nope, we "Slavs" have none of that here. None at all tongue

---

Anyway, by some accounts Iron Sky ought to come out as early as next year. I wouldn't bet on that yet (it took the guys 7 years or so to make In the Pirkining...), but I'd say 2011 is a possibility.

I saw a release about Iron Sky quite some time ago and basically have given up waiting.  I'll believe it when I see it  lol

CPTCole wrote:

I saw a release about Iron Sky quite some time ago and basically have given up waiting.  I'll believe it when I see it  lol

What he said....
lol

Oh, I'm rather sure it'll get made. Only just as with Energia's previous production, it's going to come out when it's ready -- or with luck, a little sooner tongue