Topic: New project idea

Finally got my copy of Wardogs, Im completely psyched.  Before I bought the game, I had wanted to do a Gear Krieg conversion, but as I read the book, one word kept popping up in the back of my mind.

........Starcraft.......

Has anyone attempted this before? 
The only hang up I can possibly see is the Zerg.  Being organic creatures, they might present a few problems.  Mechanically, everything seems like it would work like normal (they still have thermal sigs, armor is just innate toughness/health, etc.) but a lot of Zerg units are melee attackers.  Has anyone experimented with infantry melee?
Since infantry are pretty much at a 1 hex range anyway, is there really any difference?
Anyone have any ideas or suggestions about this?
Is anyone even interested?  8-)

Re: New project idea

Noone has done this or attempted it to my knowledge. Sounds like it could be a kick.

use infantry squad building and weapons with a house rule of melee range (1 hex) for zerglings. This will actually let you build weaker and stronger zerglings for variation.  Hydrolisks might be size 1 or 2 mecha design, using organic/regenerative armor. Spit weapon could be a simple ranged 1-3 continuing damage type...go from there.

Just some off the cuff ideas...looks definitely possible with some pretty basic tweaking.