Topic: Archadian Airships

First up is the Ifrit-Class Airship. Primarily a cruiser sized airship, it can be found in almost all Archadian fleets. The main armament is the forward-mounted Hellfire cannons. While extremely short-ranged, they are designed to overload the enemy's palling (Shields in AE terms.) through huge gouts of Magicite-induced flames. Most of the damage inflicted by the Hellfire cannons tends to be from sections that continue to burn after they've been hit. Secondary armaments are standard Magicite Cannons. In addition, most Ifrits carry a squadron of the standard Remora-class fighter-type airships or a smaller number of the Valfarre-class advanced fighter-type airships.

(245) Ifrit-class Archades Cruiser Airship

Hull: 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1               
Engines: 6 6 5 4 3 3 2 1               
Shields: 3 3 3 2 2 2 1 1               
Weapons:
1:XY 2:XY 3:Y 4:Y 5:Y 6:Y

X: Hellfire: 1/2/3, 1/3+/5/1
Carronade; Area Effect; Continuing Damage
[A][B]

Y: Magicite Cannons: 4/8/12, 2/4+/1/1
[AB][AB][AC][AC][BD][BD][C][D]

Special: Armor Plating; Cargo (30); Carrier (50); Marines (10)

(Whoops... had Carrier too small. That's what happens when you try to do this stuff at work when the book is at home...)

Re: Archadian Airships

Second ship is the Shiva Class Light Cruiser Airship. The Shiva trades off armor and firepower for more speed and maneuverability. That isn't to say that it is without bite. Aside from the same Magicite Cannons found on the Ifrit, it also carries it's own Diamond Dust cannon. The Diamond Dust fires out a cloud of Magicite empowered ice shards, capable of flaying the armor off of enemy vessels. As with the Ifrit, it carries a squadron of Remora-class fighter-type airships.

(136) Shiva-class Archades Light Cruiser Airship

Hull: 6 5 4 3 2 1                 
Engines: 9 8 6 5 3 2                 
Shields: 2 2 2 1 1 1                 
Weapons:
1:X 2:Y 3:Y 4:Y 5: 6:

X: Diamond Dust: 3/6/9, 4/5+/1/1
Extra Hull Damage
[AB]

Y: Magicite Cannons: 4/8/12, 2/4+/1/1
[AB][C][D]

Special: Carrier (50); Cargo (20); Marines (2)

Cool!

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

I'm pretty sure that there are weapon modifiers or ship attributes from Starmada Annex that would have represented some of those weapons better, but since I haven't acquired that yet - will have to see how the finances look later - I am making due with this.
The only things I'm pretty sure I need are the alternate movement rules from either Iron Stars (I assume...) and Dreadnoughts and the dual-mode fighters from Dreadnoughts. (While the Remora-class fighter airships are standard fighters, the Valefarre have two forms, one quite similar to the Remora and the other is a more manuverable mode, that sacrifices a bit of punch.
And I know the Hellfire cannon looks strange with a max range of *two* and area of effect, that's the closest I can come to represent a gout of flame erupting from the hull, similar to an SFB Mauler weapon. I *could* have put a minimum range on it so it could *only* fire at two hexes... but the shipbuilder only handles up to three modifiers and I think a fourth might be a bit excessive...

The Madeen Class Bombardment Airship is a recent development in the Archadian arsenal. The Terra Homing cannons are primarily meant to breach fortifications in order to allow Archadian troops to enter and occupy them, though they are also capable of decimating Resistance airships. In order to provide the magicite power needed for the Terra Homing cannons, the ship's engines have little to no extra power for speed or maneuverability. To make up for this, extra armor plating has been added. However, the airship will still require support from Ifrit, Shiva and Catoblepas Class airships. (Notes: The concept of this design is derived from the Final Fantasy 9 Summons, Madeen, and is not an airship from Final Fantasy 12, thus mostly unique. After the Catoblepas has been designed, I'll then begin work on the Resistance airships. Though I might revise the Ifrit and Shiva.)

Type: MADEEN-class ARCHADES BOMBARDMENT AIRSHIP (389)
Hull: 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
Engines: 4 4 4 3 3 2 2 2 1 1
Faceted: 18 17 15 13 11 9 8 6 4 2
Facets: (4,3,3,3,3,2)
Weapons: 1:[VW] 2:[VW] 3:[2W] 4:[2W] 5:[W] 6:[W]
Battery V: Terra Homing, 3/6/9, 5/3+/2/1
No Range Mods; Minimum Range
[AB] [AB]
Battery W: Magicite Cannons, 4/8/12, 2/4+/1/1
[AB] [AB] [AB] [AB] [AC] [AC] [AC] [BD] [BD] [BD] [C] [D]
Special Equipment:
Armor Plating; Carrier (100); Marines (10)