Topic: What the????

Anyone else use McAfee?   Cuz the Siteadvisor lists MJ12games.com as a potential security risk.

"McAfee TrustedSource web reputation analysis found potential security risks with this site. Use with extreme caution." is what the report lists, but doesnt give any reasons.  On the report, I see no complaints, all downloads they tested are good, and all links to other sites are good. 

What gives?

Re: What the????

It's the leaded dice. Gets them everytime.

Yeah, I've noticed that with other "security monitor" sites... There was one time I was stuck at an airport and couldn't get on MJ12games.com because their firewall thought it was an "attack" site. hmm

I have yet to hear any reason -- valid or otherwise -- why that would be the case.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Well maybe I should post some comments on the monitor site to try and clear up their confusion.  I would hate for someone visiting MJ12 for the first time turning away because the red caution box made them think they were about to be hacked.

Yes, I use McAfee and it annoys the hell out of me when I come onto the forum and it appears...:(

Stop using McAfee, and use Antivir or something else? I never get false positives here <shrug>

(what''s funny is that they used it at work and STILL no false positives)

Dan, I'd mail McAfee, and ask them why it comes up as a security risk. Might go through your site's code as well - just in case. I kinda doubt you've got any bugs, but you might have something 'non-standard' (ie non-Microsoft) that's flagging it.

cricket wrote:

Yeah, I've noticed that with other "security monitor" sites... There was one time I was stuck at an airport and couldn't get on MJ12games.com because their firewall thought it was an "attack" site. hmm

I have yet to hear any reason -- valid or otherwise -- why that would be the case.

They don't know you the way we do!  wink
Erik

Ive posted comments on the monitor site, marked it as a good site, with no spy/ad/malware and clean downloads, and pleasant shopping experiences smile 

Not much, but maybe it'll help....

My work uses McAffe and last week it started being blocked as a "Phishing" site.

What a pain in the Bass. wink

So... took a look at the McAfee SiteAdvisor report for mj12games.com:

"McAfee TrustedSource web reputation analysis found potential security risks with this site. Use with extreme caution."

What the hell is "web reputation analysis"?

The rest of the report shows nothing but "green" -- so there is nothing specific I can identify that makes our site "dangerous"... The worst part is, as the site owner, all I can do is "leave a comment"; there's no link to contact McAfee and ask them for a detailed analysis.

This makes no sense: if there is something unsafe about my web site, I would be the first to want to fix it... Grr...  :evil:

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Good news. Something changed since Friday. This morning I was able to get here from work without any problem. 8-)