Topic: Is the original Iron Stars system dead?

Dan, you want to comment on this thread?

http://www.star-ranger.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6521

That's one of your active competitors on there saying this game's original system has been abandoned entirely in favor of the Starmada port.  If that's true, I'd like to know about it.  If it isn't, I'd like to see him corrected publicly.  The makers of Colonial Battlefleet have a tendency toward overstatement and hyperbole, but it has been an awfully long time since there was any serious discussion of more product for IS.  Shall I stop holding my breath, metaphorically speaking?

Re: Is the original Iron Stars system dead?

I've posted what little information I have on the subject without, I hope, sounding like I was making any committments for anyone. But to answer your question, the game is not dead. At least not to my knowledge.

Put up a reply myself, Dan can take a look and comment if he likes.

Nope, I don't think Iron Stars is dead, see my answer in the other forum....
smile

I've still got ship models Dan wanted me to set aside. big_smile

starbreaker wrote:

Shall I stop holding my breath, metaphorically speaking?

Yeah, that probably wouldn't be a bad idea.
wink

Thanks, all.

Starbreaker -

In the example thread I said nothing new was being released in the near future, possibly ever.

No insult to Dan intended.  It's a simple truth of being a game designer that there's a big gap between having plans to do something and actually having time to make it a reality.  Unless Dan has some secret project for IS he's planning on releasing in the next few months, my statement is 100% true.

If he comes out with something next year sometime, that's not in the "near future" and I have no idea whether plans to do more w IS exist or will materialize when weighed against his full plate of other projects.  All of which are facts reflected accurately by my statement.

Be interested in knowing what you consider overstatement and hyperbole.  I tend to state the facts as I see them.  Sometimes I am just wrong - and will generally admit as much when it's shown to me that I am, but I try not to exaggerate or hyperbolize in contexts other than humorous ones.  If you would like to provide some examples, I'd be happy to discuss.

I will say that I must have said something that really ticked you off for you to be holding such a grudge against me and wanting to "see me corrected publicly."  I don't have any feelings of ill will towards you, or anybody else.

Thanks.

No two people see things the same way, and this is obviously no exception. The written word is at best a clumsy tool, and no two people will interpret even face-to-face communication the same way.

I'd suggest stepping back from it for now, take a breather, and consider that you may be taking things a bit different from the way you saw it at first.

Chill out guys
smile

Sorry to cause trouble, Im just working on a future VSF episode.  wink

No trouble, just the passion of people that love gaming.

It happens.  big_smile