Topic: Wardogs miniatures?

I recently got the Wardogs rules and on page 5 is a line up of the units in the basic Wardogs ruleset. Sweet stuff. Are these miniatures around? Are they already 3D models?

I have been hacking with Rhino for a while and I am wanting to do some 'generic' mech and tank 3D models and have them printed. If someone already has some models I like....

Anyway, keep the up the good work guys!

Thanks,
Jay

Re: Wardogs miniatures?

Thanks for the good words mate.  The models on Page 5 are simply 3D renders using DoGA and photoshop (Ian can correct me if I'm wrong on that)...nothing has been made into miniatures but I'm definitely not against it either.

The artwork is the product of some really talented guys...so all the kudos in that department go to them. smile

Who me ? Oh yes that render. Its nearly every model (3d) I for wardogs. I dont usually make ground based vehicles... ships usually so I was some practice I got in there...

The renders sort of what some call a clay render, very fancy radiosity effect. Unfortunately the package I use does not lend its self well to proper 4D models.....

It's still in processing...so may take a while, but I've gone ahead and submitted an idea for generic multi-size 6mm ased mecha and generic tank/apc/engineering vehicle ideas over at the Liberty and Union League- Wargames Factory. They've also got a couple of ideas up now for power armor and size 2 mecha types with a bit of kitbashing. But since they're plastic, shouldn't be too hard to manage once they are released.

go0gleplex wrote:

It's still in processing...so may take a while, but I've gone ahead and submitted an idea for generic multi-size 6mm ased mecha and generic tank/apc/engineering vehicle ideas over at the Liberty and Union League- Wargames Factory. They've also got a couple of ideas up now for power armor and size 2 mecha types with a bit of kitbashing. But since they're plastic, shouldn't be too hard to manage once they are released.

Hope you checked out the "modular generic starship" thread while you were there?

Lsutehall wrote:
go0gleplex wrote:

Hope you checked out the "modular generic starship" thread while you were there?

already have some pre-ordered.

I got some of those modular starships at Wargames Factory on pre-order.

Have you tried shapeways with those "clay renders?" As long as it is a watertight .stl they can print it.

I am getting some of my own designs printed there in steel. That way I already have masters and then can cast them up!

Jay

I got my own miniatures printed at Shapeways and they did a good job! I would definitely recommend you send some of those wardogs up there. You can make some money and we can get some good looking mechs.

When you are there search for the the designer coines23. He has some wicked stuff as well.

Let us know when the wardogs get there..<GRIN>
Jay

you can check out Irrational Designs too, he's got four nice mecha that would work for mid to small size units...including a decent quad. I'll end up kit bashing them a bit when I've funds to purchase such.   smile

Still no WarDogs posted to Shapeways? I have printed my own designs and have begun to cast them with Alumilite. Having a good time! Need to see those WarDog printed too...

Jay

The mecha and other units illustrated in the rules book were not done in a format capable of being used for 3d printing...so, for the present, it is unlikely that they will find their way to miniature form.

The generic mecha squad and apc proposal at Wargames Factory was killed by the owners whom have, for reasons of manufacturing issues, chosen to focus on 28mm figures.

Wish I had better news.

Ugh - my head hurts.... Coines *IS* Irrational Designs. I didn't catch that months ago.

I'm wondering if I ought to try and work up some minis. I have the 'tools' (ie software that will get me a STL file) - but I don't think my skillz are that "LEET" as yet....and I'm in the middle of something else....<sigh>

Real Life is so sucky sometimes.....