Topic: Defiance: Battle Mech

When using the optional Battle Mech rules, it seems a bit niggardly to restrict even a Battle Mech to just two weapon slots - especially since with the more detailed damage rules, these weapons can be disabled. It would be depressing to have a DC-9 Mech, with no weapons.

Would it be reasonable to allow up to 4 weapon slots in this case?

A related question: Can I only use two weapon frames with a combination weapon, or can I design a mega-multi-weapon combining three or even four different guns? I imagine the added versatility would come at a higher point cost, and the risk that a weapon-destroying hit could destroy more guns at once.

Re: Defiance: Battle Mech

I discussed some of this stuff with Demian a while back, and here's the low-down as I understand it.

Weapons slots and damage capacity are restricted for the sake of genre expectation and realism. There's no reason in the underlying probability game why you couldn't add as many weapon slots and fire actions as you like, nor pay for and add as many points of damage capacity as you like. This is the perfect place for you to house-rule it however you and your opponent see fit.

Combo weapons definitely go beyond 2 frames combined, I think that after 2 frames you have to pay a bonus +5 points per frame (the first two are at normal combo cost, all past two incur 5 additional points over and above their normal combo cost), this is to stop people from building multi-frame one-shot combo weapons which may be unbalancing and certainly would be a nightmare for book-keeping purposes. It's in the book, so check it there.

Thanks, that's what I figured. Now I can continue with my Battlemech vs Zombies setup... smile

Oh, my. Please post some notes when you're done!