Topic: Element range

I just read the demorules and they look really fine. What I could not detect was the question if the elements of single unit are required to stay in a certain range to be able to be moved. Is it each element adjacent to at least one other element of the unit? Or 2 hexes?

What happens to a single element if it has not the require command range to another element of the same unit? (eg. because formerly adjacent elements have been removed through enemy fire) Can it be moved at all?

All in all the quantum legion rules fits perfectly my taste. Simple but hard to master. Congrats. It looks like a great game.

BtW: the order counter system  reminds me to Warhammer epic 40k tabletop rules from the 90ties. This game had the same orders per detachment. Charge for close combat, advance for move & fire (with -1) and Fire shooting ranged weapons. The difference was, you had to roll for each element of the detachment and not for the whole unit.

Re: Element range

Enpeze wrote:

I just read the demorules and they look really fine. What I could not detect was the question if the elements of single unit are required to stay in a certain range to be able to be moved.

Page 4: "When placed on the game board, the elements of each unit are stacked one on top of another, so that the entire unit fits into a single hex."

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

cricket wrote:
Enpeze wrote:

I just read the demorules and they look really fine. What I could not detect was the question if the elements of single unit are required to stay in a certain range to be able to be moved.

Page 4: "When placed on the game board, the elements of each unit are stacked one on top of another, so that the entire unit fits into a single hex."

Ah thanks. This explains it. This means that the element counters serve as a type of hitpoints?

Enpeze wrote:

Ah thanks. This explains it. This means that the element counters serve as a type of hitpoints?

Essentially, yes. Good way to look at it. It may be that in future there are rules to split a detachment off of a unit, but for now, the number of elements is just a way of tracking damage.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com