Topic: That game from that company you can't nominate...

Hi,
this is my first post in this forum and I am sorry for my bad English, I am Italian so please be patient.
I am a fan of the Starmada and now of the Quantum Legions systems, many year ago I used to play "that game in an epic scale of that company that you cannot nominate without expect a cease and desist act from their lawyers".
Every days I look in the eyes of those nice 6mm miniatures of Space M… sorry… Space Soldiers and I can listen their cry "keep us out of the box and let us fight!" unfortunately the game has no more fans (at least in Italy) and now I am totally converted to "area play" (I didn't touch a ruler in almost 6 years). Imagine my excitement when I get in to Quantum Legions: hexagons and a construction system in an epic scale! Evviva!
I just need some extra traits to adapt my Space M… sorry… Space Soldiers Army, so I am here to ask for your help…

Needed traits:
1) energy shields (3 hit points) - x1.5 automatically ignore 1 hit and degrade the shield, once the shield is gone apply damge as per standard rules.
2) ignore cover - x2 hard cover becomes soft cover and soft cover is ignored
3) war engine - x2 you are allowed to build a unit with multiple independent weapons (build the "base" with all the characteristics: movement, size, armor, range, AD and special trait for the most powerful weapon and add the war engine special trait; now you may add some extra weapons, I did it by creation of units with same size of the war engine with 0 movement and 0 armor and adding the costs to the base)
4) support - x1.5 unit with this trait may be "linked" to an adjacent infantry unit, you pay the standard costs to give it orders (that must be the same of the linked infantry unit) but you activate it for free when you activate the infantry unit.
5) close combat weapons (those typical claws or chainsaw) - at the moment I think to them as range 1, +2 AP and Rapid fire trait but I hope to see soon some rules for close assault at 0 range.
6) APC and Command Units (NCO) as already discussed in the forum… I like them!

Any thoughts or suggestions?

My best wishes for the new year,
Fabrizio

Re: That game from that company you can't nominate...

I think that     "That game from that company you can't nominate", (tgftcycn thereafter), will be a nice adaptation for quantum legions.

If we can cretae a non commercial module vassal with pictures of it, it would even be legal I think?

Just my 2p worth.

1) Create the unit with 3 extra elements for the VPs. Then create the unit with the actual number of elements so that the attack dice calc is correct. Use the stats from the "actual" unit for the couter and add your three "shield" boxes.
2) & 4) Question for Dan I think.
3)Might be easier (I like the Keep It Simple way of doing these) to have a trait that allows the Attack Dice to be used on more than one target.
One method might be: A unit has AD 5 3 2 remaining, take the next level of AD from the highest still available. This gives two attacks, one at 3 AD and one at 2 AD. Alternately just split the Attack dice however you want between two targets.
I myself would not allow for more than two targets.
5) Go with what you have, since only one unit may occupy a hex, Range 1 is close assault.

Brazouck wrote:

I think that "That game from that company you can't nominate", (tgftcycn thereafter), will be a nice adaptation for quantum legions.

If we can cretae a non commercial module vassal with pictures of it, it would even be legal I think?

No reason why you canot make a vassal mod for your own use. You could use the one that I put in the files. Just change the counters.

Paul

Many thanks!

Fabrizio