Topic: Server Migration

Just an FYI... over the next few days, we'll be completing the transfer from our old web host to our new one. With any luck, there will be no interruption in service.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Re: Server Migration

It seems the transfer is about complete. Let me know if you notice any issues.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

cricket wrote:

It seems the transfer is about complete. Let me know if you notice any issues.

The only thing I have seen is that there are no avatars, I haven't noticed any other issues during my crawl through the forum.
Erik

I hit a bunch of "This forum is not available" messages yesterday, but all's well today except for the avatars.

Didn't have a single hiccup.

I am getting "Board attachment quota has been reached"

New restrictions?
Paul

I found the forums very slow a few hours ago - not able to get into threads and I couldn't even logout.

Seems to be better now though.

OldnGrey wrote:

I am getting "Board attachment quota has been reached"

New restrictions?

No. Possibly a configuration setting I overlooked.

EDIT: Fixed.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Did we dump avatars? I'm not seeing them....

Dan, I was just noticing that when you do a search within a topic, it appears to me that I am only getting results from things posted after the server migration. Can someone else verify this, and if it is the case, can someone please please please fix it!  sad
Oh, and I miss the avatars.
Cheers,
Erik

We don't have Avatars, but I just got an email notification.

...I really missed those.

Blacklancer99 wrote:

Dan, I was just noticing that when you do a search within a topic, it appears to me that I am only getting results from things posted after the server migration. Can someone else verify this, and if it is the case, can someone please please please fix it!

Just re-created the search index.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

cricket wrote:
Blacklancer99 wrote:

Dan, I was just noticing that when you do a search within a topic, it appears to me that I am only getting results from things posted after the server migration. Can someone else verify this, and if it is the case, can someone please please please fix it!

Just re-created the search index.

Thanks Cricket, I may now continue my quest...

Hey, I'm not sure if this was part of the server change or what, but if I'm not logged in and I hit Post Reply on a thread, and then sign in, the only option is to go back to the Index page, whereas previously it would take you to a new post form on the relevant thread.  It's kind of irritating to have to go find the thread I was going to post on again.