Topic: Starmada: Problem with Adobe 10

Hello, I installed Adobe Reader 10.1 .0. After installing, most of my pdf files work as normal. Just some, including the Starmada books open very slowly. At first glance it seems if the Reader crashed, but after 10 or so seconds it opens the file  :? .  When I'm then in Adobe 10 it opens as fast as usual.

Do you have any idea why this happens or if this can be corrected`

Re: Starmada: Problem with Adobe 10

So,  :cry:  nothing until now. I already tried reinstalling but the problem is still there.

It is possible that your anti-virus software is wanting to run a scan when Adobe reader 10.1.0 opens a file and that is causing the delay.

I recently had OpenOffice 3 taking ages to open and the spreadsheets would seem to freeze for a short while if I wanted to change something like format some cells. I had to make calc a "trusted" application and change the setting so that it would not be scanned every time it carried out an instruction.
I would check to see if the settings were different between 10.0 and 10.1

Paul

Unfortunately, while I do have Adobe 10, I cannot replicate the problem, so I cannot help...

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

I've had some time now to browse some forums. It seems that the new reaser in its present version has problems opening some older pdf-files. It takes much longer.