Topic: Stargate: Atlantis ship designs

Hi all,

I decided to take a stab at creating a few of the ships from Stargate: Atlantis using some wiki info plus what I could remember from the show. Sorry for the repost from the main forum, I didn't notice the Bourbaki Basin until it was too late!

First up, the Prometheus cruiser. This was the first gen ship used by Earth. It never seemed to be particularly impressive in practice. I gave it some short ranged rail guns with the AF trait and some missiles, plus one flight of fighters. There were a few upgrades within the show itself, so I've selected a version that has some of the Asgard shielding, but not the weapons (which were initially witheld by the Asgard). I don't remember if they had the Asgard teleporters yet, but if not you can assume the teleporters are the Goa'uld variety.

(258) Prometheus-class Tau'ri Cruiser

Hull: 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
Engines: 5 5 4 4 3 2 2 1
Shields: 3 3 3 2 2 2 1 1
Weapons:
1:XY 2:XY 3:X 4:X 5:X 6:Y

X: Rail Guns: 4/8/12, 3/5+/1/1
Carronade; Anti-Fighter
[AB][AB][AB][AB][AC][BD]

Y: Missile Batteries: 5/10/15, 1/4+/2/2
[HGI][ABC][ABD]
Ammo: 22

Special: Hyperdrive; Fire Control; Teleporters (2); Marines (4); Carrier (50)

Next up is the Prometheus. This contained some substantial upgrades from the Asgard and the ship was extremely vicious in practice with its new Asgard weapons and upgraded shields, thus I've set its tech to +1. It also carries more fighters.

(572) Daedalus-class Tau'ri Cruiser

Hull: 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
Engines: 6 6 5 4 3 3 2 1
Shields: 5 5 4 4 3 2 2 1
Weapons:
1:XY 2:XZ 3:YZ 4:YZ 5:Y 6:Y

X: Asgard Beam: 4/8/12, 1/4+/3/3
Piercing; Slow-Firing
[AB][AB]

Y: Rail Guns: 4/8/12, 3/5+/1/1
Anti-Fighter; Carronade
[AB][AB][AB][AB][AC][BD]

Z: Missile Batteries: 5/10/15, 1/4+/2/2
[HGI][ABC][ABD]
Ammo: 22

Special: Hyperdrive; Carrier (150); Fire Control; Teleporters (2); Marines (4)

Last is a Wraith cruiser. This was tricky because the Wraith don't use shields, instead relying on an armored hull with regenerative capabilities. In the show it seems to have a plethora of one type of laser cannon of some sort and a bunch of Dart fighters. It's larger than the Earth ships, though it's difficult to gauge relative size from the show.

Also the "countermeasures" listed in the Special section are really teleport jammers. I'm undecided how they should work exactly, but for now assume a -2 penalty to both the range and shield rolls for enemy ships attempting to board them. In the show, they're used to prevent the humans from using the Asgard beaming technology to beam nukes onto their ships and detonating them (it works twice, and is permanently foiled after that).

(550) Cruiser-class Wraith Ship

Hull: 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
Engines: 5 5 4 4 3 3 2 2 1 1
Shields: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Weapons:
1:XYZ 2:XY 3:XY 4:XZ 5:XZ 6:YZ

X: Energy Cannons: 5/10/15, 1/4+/1/1
[AB][AB][AB][AB][AB][AB][AB][AB]

Y: Energy Cannons: 5/10/15, 1/4+/1/1
[AC][AC][AC][AC][CE][CE]

Z: Energy Cannons: 5/10/15, 1/4+/1/1
[BD][BD][BD][BD][DF][DF]

Special: Armor Plating; Hyperdrive; Regeneration; Carrier (250); Countermeasures*

I tried a single ship duel using a Wraith cruiser against a Prometheus cruiser because I was interested to see how a ship with no shields would fare against a more traditional ship. I know the battle was lopsided in terms of points, but I wanted to see if it could stand up to a smaller ship before bothering to put it up against a larger ship. I also played that AF weapons may fire at fighters *before* fighter combat if they're adjacent. That worked out fine.

In practice the armor + regen + no shields worked out well in terms of ship survival. Not only are 1's ignored due to armor, but 4's are a useless hit, too, since there are no shields to hit! Plus, a 3 is only partially effective, as only the hull hit matters, and that can eventually be repaired. If playing with E.1 (damage control) this ship would be even more difficult to take down, and would likely need a couple alpha strikes. The downside is that it tended to get its weapons shorn off. I had to increase the number of energy cannons at the expense of some speed to help with that. If not playing with E.1, then it will probably be stripped of weapons long before it's destroyed.

I haven't made a Wraith Hive Ship yet, but it would basically just be a larger cruiser with more fighters.

Enjoy!

Dan

Re: Stargate: Atlantis ship designs

Erp...  Wrong subforum again sad  This belongs on the Admiralty Edition Basin; Starmada X is an older version.

On the plus side, nice looking ships.  My roommate's quite the Stargate fan; I'll have to link him here and see what he thinks.  And yeah, my experiments with shieldless ships were...  entertaining.  I went with no shields and put Ignores Shields on all of their weapons, so their opponents were deprived of theirs as well.  Very much a "blaze of glory" fleet.  In the past when we've fielded Regenerators, they tended to end up defanged rather than destroyed.  It's a fun / annoying way to deny the enemy VP, but may not be worth the extra price from a ship-design standpoint.