Topic: Evolution of Arms and starship boarding actions

I haven't actually read EoA, but just reading the blurb made me think that it would be great for doing Star Fleet Universe boarding actions, especially the kind shown in the story Mutiny on the Demonslayer where you have a small group of commandoes fighting in the corridors of a ship. The story featured things like deck-breaker charges which are not represented in current SFU rulesets but which seem to be covered in EoA (destructible terrain). Is there any chance that, in the future, we'll see a Defiance supplement with stats for Klingons, Romulans, etc?

Re: Evolution of Arms and starship boarding actions

That would be cool !!

It would almost certainly be techinically doable, with the caveat that I'm not at all sure how much information - official or otherwise - there actually is available about the infantry troops in Star Trek universe. I wouldn't hold my breath on anything like that ever happening tho, unless it's by concerted fan effort made official.

Star Trek troops? No idea. Star Fleet Universe troops? A fair bit of information available. If there was sufficient interest from fans, and ADB & MJ12 were convinced that it would sell enough to make it worth the effort, then an official supplement could be done.

terryoc wrote:

Star Trek troops? No idea. Star Fleet Universe troops? A fair bit of information available

If you say so... I have no idea what is available for Star Fleet but I'm pretty sure there is very little to none at all of official, canon ST infantry information. The focus of the various series and the movies has been clearly elsewhere, as obviously dictated by the scripts needing to involve the actors playing the ship crews.

Reagardless, the demand would have to be very big and very vocal for such a supplement happening except as a player-driven effort that theoretically could be later made official by ADB stamp of approval and published.

I thought that ADB was working on a ground based game called "Federation Marines" or something like that.??

...which is sort of a very big spanner in the works for making an official D:EoA-based supplement.

Still no reason to not do it on a fan-based basis if one prefers.

It still might be possible.
IIRC it's a game where each counter represents a squad, not an individual.

I would *love* to modify the Defiance: Close Quarters Battle rules for Star Fleet boarding actions.  MJ12 has the rights to the old Star Trek universe, correct?