Topic: Quantum Legions : 19th Century Aliens

Been making notes for a QL setting.
Species from all over have been kidnapped, brainwashed and set up on new planets.
Technology except medical fixed in 19th Century Earth.
Also with an eye to being used for Napoleonic style QL.
Any thoughts?
Paul
Counters that look like this:
[attachment=2]Fr Gd 1st Chevau Legers Lancers counter.png[/attachment]
[attachment=1]Fr Gd !st Berg Lancers counter.png[/attachment]
[attachment=0]Fr 2nd Lancers counter.png[/attachment]

Re: Quantum Legions : 19th Century Aliens

Okay, I think THAT'S cool. smile

Any chance we can see some unit stats?

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Thanks.
All I have at the moment is a conversion chart for Humans (Napoleonic). Aliens would have their own style, like the units that can carry troops (APC), bit like big bugs. Reptilians, Ape like ones that have symbiotic "riders". The actual alien types could be endless but they are all restricted to their own versions of Musket, lances and cannon. Humans only get an APC if they build ships (nice Napoleonic sailing ships that is).
I thought "Musket, Lance and Alien" would be a fair title for a pdf.
Certain weapons should have a close range advantage so I added some fluff. Lances for example giving AP +1 but at only Range 1 (as close as it can get). Cannon having AP +1 or +2 but only at a range of 2 or 3.
I thought of showing the AP range by putting a colour behind the AP on the counter, Green for 1, Dark Blue for 2 and Dark Red for 3.
The actual units stats depend upon the number of troops available but including pre made types for ready use. Budding Napoleons (or Big Noses) can start their own empire, colour their own uniforms and set forth to fight.
Sorry starting to sound like a salesman. smile
Conversion chart below.(Units with speed 0 are 0/1)
Thoughts?
Paul
[attachment=0]Napoleonic conversion 1.png[/attachment]

Heh - when Dan first sent me some of the rules for QL, I saw it as being pretty darned flexible - all one had to do was establish a basis for relative strength, and you had the basis for a wargame in ANY time period/tech level.

Bravo, this is pretty darned cool....

Thanks.
I have revised the conversion chart above.
Here is the Human force list. These are avarage figures, as in real life, the unit size would change and did quite a bit.
Paul
[attachment=0]MLA Human Force List.png[/attachment]

Dan any thought on the modifiers for the AP at a closer range only?
Also, the save for infantry is not shown on the counters, just a Red N. How about replacing the Armour on the Infantry counters with an orange number for the save roll required?
Example below.
Paul
[attachment=0]Fr 1st Line Infantry 1Bn Counter.png[/attachment]

The first two alien species, Stirkler and Jelly Pods. (in pdf thread).

Paul
[attachment=1]JP Regular Infantry 1Bn.png[/attachment]
[attachment=0]Stirkler 1st Cavalry.png[/attachment]