Topic: Starmada: Nova Edition -- The Plan

Okay -- so if you've been paying attention, you know the new edition of Starmada is about six weeks overdue. I apologize for that, and I hope the wait will have been worth it. Besides, it was unavoidable, what with the new job, new house, and new baby on the way (OMG).

In the next week or so, pre-orders will begin for the hardcopy of Starmada: Nova Rulebook. Pre-order customers will immediately receive a PDF copy as well. In April, hard copies will ship to pre-order customers and retail stores.

How does this impact the Star Fleet Armada books?

Starting in June, an updated version of Klingon Armada will be released, followed in short order by updated versions of Romulan, Alien, and Distant Armadas. Battleship Armada will be released in both Admiralty and Nova versions.

For those of you who own the existing SFU books, there are some options if you are reluctant to buy the updated versions:

First, a short and easy-to-use update document will be available for free, allowing you to convert the Admiralty designs to their Nova versions. It will also include the relevant SFU rules so that, when combined with the basic Nova rules (also available for free) you will have everything you need to be up-to-date.

Second, if you can wait until they've all been updated, a PDF will be made available with all the ships from the first four SFU books (Klingon, Romulan, Alien, Distant) for one very reasonable price.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Re: Starmada: Nova Edition -- The Plan

First, congratulations on the new baby...:)

Second, what sort of prices are we talking about for pre-ordering? I want to make sure I've got the necessary funds...:)

If we only wish to purchase the PDF?

Congrats on the baby!

cricket wrote:

Okay -- so if you've been paying attention, you know the new edition of Starmada is about six weeks overdue. I apologize for that, and I hope the wait will have been worth it. Besides, it was unavoidable, what with the new job, new house, and new baby on the way (OMG).

In the next week or so, pre-orders will begin for the hardcopy of Starmada: Nova Rulebook. Pre-order customers will immediately receive a PDF copy as well. In April, hard copies will ship to pre-order customers and retail stores.

How does this impact the Star Fleet Armada books?

Starting in June, an updated version of Klingon Armada will be released, followed in short order by updated versions of Romulan, Alien, and Distant Armadas. Battleship Armada will be released in both Admiralty and Nova versions.

For those of you who own the existing SFU books, there are some options if you are reluctant to buy the updated versions:

First, a short and easy-to-use update document will be available for free, allowing you to convert the Admiralty designs to their Nova versions. It will also include the relevant SFU rules so that, when combined with the basic Nova rules (also available for free) you will have everything you need to be up-to-date.

Second, if you can wait until they've all been updated, a PDF will be made available with all the ships from the first four SFU books (Klingon, Romulan, Alien, Distant) for one very reasonable price.

Thanks for the update, and congrats on the baby!

graydo wrote:

If we only wish to purchase the PDF?

The PDF will be available at the time pre-orders are announced.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Congratulations on the Starmadian or should that be Starmadette. big_smile

Look forward to the final version.

Paul

Really looking forward to this, and hope to have the opportunity to buy the PDF before I go on vacation the last week of the month - got a twelve hour car ride each way, and only driving half of it, so it'd be cool to have on hand before then. But no pressure or anything. smile

And if it's a little girl, I like the sound of Starmaiden...

Great news! 

If I wait to buy all the StarFleet stuff at the same time does that PDF also come with the extra rules?  I'll definitely get them either way, just would be convenient if it were all in one package.

Glad to hear the Nova edition PDF will be ready soon - I'll be standing by with my finger on the "pay now"!

Good that you are getting the nova edition out now before the baby arrives - I know my time got very limited after our first child - and man having a 2nd kid doesn't help with the free time either!  Congrats!

-Tim

Congratulations on the upcoming munchkin!  Count me down for a pre-order!  For the game, not the baby...

Mazel Tov for every new  in your life.

I suppose that this is the week where the pre-order will be opened?

Marc

Did the baby come out and change "The Plan"?  wink

I know when my first was born, the plans definitely got changed!

-Tim

The rules are among us... and they have a Plan...!

Marc

Marauder wrote:

Did the baby come out and change "The Plan"?

I did say "a week or so". smile

Actually, the rules are DONE. Just putting the final touches on...

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

cricket wrote:
Marauder wrote:

You do realize you're dealing with a bunch of degenerate gamers, right? We see "or so" and we figure a week, with a plus or minus measured in single-digit seconds...

Good news - where's the "Pay Now" button?  big_smile

-Tim

Hello and congradulations to you and Mrs Cricket on becoming parents soon. big_smile

I definitely want to order three of the new rulebooks for myself & friends.  This game has given me many, many hours of fun.

cricket wrote:
Marauder wrote:

What does mean the 'or so'?
is it a week plus or minus some days but less than 2 weeks, or is it one week plus or minus more weeks?

Marc sad  :?

Every time someone asks how long, the release is set back another day...:P

We're just having fun with him.  Its pretty amazing how much stuff Dan cranks out - I mean all I've been able to achieve gaming wise in the last couple of weeks is to source some new foam for one of my old carrying cases!  Which by the way means I'm all ready to play some more starmada!!!  wink

-Tim

murtalianconfederacy wrote:

Every time someone asks how long, the release is set back another day...:P

+1

This was how my mum & dad parented.  Every time I asked again the punishment just cranked up a notch.   big_smile