Topic: Banking

This game is similar to several other maneuver card air combat simulations, but adds the quite welcome aspect of banking.  At first I thought this was great, but after I read through the rules twice I realized I could find no strict rules on how a bank is performed- other than you have to be banked to turn, you can assume an opposite bank at the end of a maneuver, and if you try to fly straight while banked you slip to the banked side.

So; What are the rules for banking?  Do you just declare, "my Sopwith is banked right," and place the marker?  Or do you have to fly a straight phase before being banked?

OBTW, the rules seem to use game turns and phases interchangeably.  This could stand a bit of an edit.

Re: Banking

On the "Game Turn/ Phase issue" I did notice that, I'll be working on that.

On Banking: You've got the Banking thing correct, you must be banked to turn, you select your bank at the end of each phase and you "slip" on a forward move only, note slip is not on the climb or dive card.

It's my way of trying to make the game move quickly.  Banking is simply a way to indicate to your opponent that you are going to be moving "left" or "right" next movement.

It also allows you to react to opponents' maneuvers and keeps the game from slowing down too much with the "I need to look at your maneuver before you move soI can see which way your going."

Re: Banking

My official decision regarding the phase vs turn issue: The terms "Phase" and "Turn" are used interchangeably in the rulebook.

I was going through the book and realized that I had ben using those two terms both Willy and Nilly (to quote the vernacular) throughout the book.