Topic: Defiance: Evolution of Arms now available

Majestic Twelve Games is pleased to announce the long-awaited new release for the Defiance game system: Evolution of Arms!

Into the tunnels, through the city streets and in your face, this supplement for the Defiance: Vital Ground Universal Skirmish System™ brings you new gear, new tactical options and a new way to balance battles in tight terrain. With the Defiance: Close Quarters Battle™ rules, you can now bring the specialized tactics of close-in fighting into an even more balanced game system.

Within this volume you will find:

* A more expansive Army Customizer™, allowing players even more freedom to build the army of their imagination without sacrificing game balance.

* A whole new Point System to accurately reflect the complicated tactics of fighting in a cramped environment, where the cautious use of pistols, grenades and hand-to-hand combat can win the day.

* Specialized Rules for destroying terrain, blowing holes through walls and the explosion shock of combustion in small spaces.

* New Options for enhancing hand-to-hand combat effectiveness.

* Example Army Lists to illustrate the strategic aspects of army customization.

This is not a standalone product. It requires ownership of the Defiance: Vital Ground rulebook.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Re: Defiance: Evolution of Arms now available

Downloaded !!!!11!!!1!1!!111111 big_smile

And it looks like the DriveThruRPG copy has been redacted for security reasons.

Big blocks of text are blacked out.

You obviously don't have clearance... sad

I'll fix that right now.

EDIT: Just rechecked the file, found no problems, re-upped it to the DTRPG site. If you still have problems, please let me know what page(s) are affected, and if possible, send a screen shot to cricket [at] mj12games [dot] com.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

How do I take a screen shot??

I think I figured out the problem.

I have Adobe set to black background with white text (MUCH easier for my cataract having eyes to see), but the PDF don't like that.

I put it back to normal and the redacted text comes back. I'm just gonna get headaches while trying to read it.

Do any of the other MJ12 books (assuming you have some smile) work with the white-on-black view?

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

OOOOOh!

I hadn't thought to check. It's been a while since I looked at the PDFs.

Will let you know.

Looked at PDF's from several different sources (MJ12, Mongoose, Reli-on and my former employer) and ALL of them "lose" text and images when Adobe is set to black background with white text. I can read everything and see images if it's set to white background and black text. Even though some of the text looks more like medium grey than black.

Sigh

Woot!

Copy downloaded. Can't say much about the content yet but it does look good as always.

[size=85](and you still need to advertise this a bit more)[/size]

tnjrp wrote:

[size=85](and you still need to advertise this a bit more)[/size]

Been advertising in all the usual places... I'm open to suggestions.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Ah, then your usual places just aren't my usual places. I most certainly haven't seen anything on The Miniatures Page nor yet on the reportedly currently the-most-hip Beasts Of War as of yet - those are the biggest miniature wargaming nexuses I frequent.

tnjrp wrote:

Ah, then your usual places just aren't my usual places. I most certainly haven't seen anything on The Miniatures Page nor yet on the reportedly currently the-most-hip Beasts Of War as of yet - those are the biggest miniature wargaming nexuses I frequent.

Sent in a notice to TMP, guess it hasn't shown up yet.

Hadn't heard of "Beasts of War" (I know, I'm not among the most-hip...)

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Hey just wondering if you guys are planning on doing some sort of army creation aid, much like all the great spreadsheets you have for Starmada?  One of the issues we had with using Defiance in our gaming group is that people were just overwhelmed with the options and having a nice spreadsheet with all the options in it would have helped out!

-Tim

cricket wrote:

Hadn't heard of "Beasts of War" (I know, I'm not among the most-hip...)

It's a very big profile :ugeek: site and mostly about the Big Guys obviously. I'm not sure were they get the money to do all those vids and flashy graphics (all of those bells and whistles make the site very slow to load BTW), but maybe they don't ask (too much) money for publishing a news item.
http://www.beastsofwar.com/

Did't see anything on Tabletop Gaming News either as I just checked, but I'm not really very familiar with how that site works so maybe I just missed it.
http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/

Hi Tim,

I've been looking for someone who can make a customizer and am willing to pay decent money for it.  Haven't yet gotten any confirmed bites.

Beasts of war even have a programme (monthly I think) on satellite TV, On the Showcase channel, Astra 28.2E 11,260(V) (just in case anyone in Europe wants to keep an eye out for it).

I thought I read that Cosworth was doing a spreadsheet last year (sad person me, I read things for games I have never bought and played smile )

Paul
Edit/Update. Showcase site has it as:
Wargaming News. 30minute.
Saturday 5.30pm GMT
Wednesday 1.30pm GMT
Thursday 5.30pm GMT

Demian Rose wrote:

Hi Tim,

I've been looking for someone who can make a customizer and am willing to pay decent money for it.  Haven't yet gotten any confirmed bites.

TMP seems to have an issue now that they are so busy they can only post news for people who pay for advertising.  So if you want to bring this to people's attention on TMP I suggest just posting in the message boards.

@Demian
Wish i had known that about a year ago.  A buddy and I could have worked on it.  Now we both have new babies at home! 

Maybe if you advertise the supplement at TGN and TMP also mention you are looking for someone to work on a design program/spreadsheet in the same article.

-Tim

Marauder wrote:

TMP seems to have an issue now that they are so busy they can only post news for people who pay for advertising.  So if you want to bring this to people's attention on TMP I suggest just posting in the message boards

Well, you just can't get free advertising these days - unless it's fanboy spamming of course. Demian doing it would only make it mildly more official and in fact it seems to be frowned upon at TMP that a company rep does it without the company becoming a paying advertiser there.

Anyway, I already spammed D:AoE on the TMP scifi board and also at Lead Adventure. Somebody at the former was flabbergasted that somebody bothers since "[nobody] plays this game any more". D:VG - the best hidden secret of the scifi ruleset world :mrgreen:

On the issue of a calc prog, I started on an Access database to do the calculations once. But I don't think I have the time to commit to completing it either. I could try if I do start to use trains more in the near future but I won't promise anything.

Table Top Gaming News is free.

I see lots of companies post about their games on TMP, especially in the 15mm sub forum.  Some may frown on it, but then again its hard to post anything on TMP without someone frowning on it!  big_smile

-Tim

I had no idea TMP had moved to a pay structure -- I've been happily sending my emails to Bill like I always have...

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

I don't think its TMP's official and long term plan, but its something he's been forced to do in the short term.  You can read about it in this rather lengthy thread:

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=249243

-Tim

HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS HAD HAPPENED AAAAAAAAAAARGH

Bought downloaded read happydance! Oh this is good.