Topic: Nova editions of Klingon/Romulan Armada now available

Majestic Twelve Games is thrilled to be offering new versions of Klingon Armada and Romulan Armada, updated for use with the Nova Edition of Starmada: The Universal Game of Starship Combat.

Klingon Armada is a sourcebook for Starmada that gives players the chance to enter the rich and vast playground of the Star Fleet Universe. This product contains all of the rules options, additions, and starship designs necessary for players to pit forces of the Klingon Empire against their perpetual enemies, the Star Fleet of the United Federation of Planets. Romulan Armada is a sourcebook which contains all of the rules options, additions, and starship designs necessary for players to include forces of the Romulan Star Empire in their Star Fleet Universe games.

Each of these products stands alone -- while ownership of the Starmada Nova Rulebook is recommended, it is not required. The essential Starmada rules are included in both Klingon and Romulan Armada!

Both books are available from the Majestic Twelve Games web site: www.mj12games.com/starmada/

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Re: Nova editions of Klingon/Romulan Armada now available

I think you know the question I'm about to ask--do they contain bases? I'm guessing so, since SAE RA did, but...

Also, are you shipping them or is ADB handling the shipping?

murtalianconfederacy wrote:

I think you know the question I'm about to ask--do they contain bases? I'm guessing so, since SAE RA did, but...

The ships in each book remain the same.

Also, are you shipping them or is ADB handling the shipping?

If you order from the mj12games site, we do the shipping.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Okay...:)

EDIT: just read my question, and the words 'rules for' weren't there--I meant to ask if the rules for bases were still there... :oops:

When and where will PDF versions be available?

cricket wrote:

Majestic Twelve Games is thrilled to be offering new versions of Klingon Armada and Romulan Armada, updated for use with the Nova Edition of Starmada: The Universal Game of Starship Combat.

Klingon Armada is a sourcebook for Starmada that gives players the chance to enter the rich and vast playground of the Star Fleet Universe. This product contains all of the rules options, additions, and starship designs necessary for players to pit forces of the Klingon Empire against their perpetual enemies, the Star Fleet of the United Federation of Planets. Romulan Armada is a sourcebook which contains all of the rules options, additions, and starship designs necessary for players to include forces of the Romulan Star Empire in their Star Fleet Universe games.

Each of these products stands alone -- while ownership of the Starmada Nova Rulebook is recommended, it is not required. The essential Starmada rules are included in both Klingon and Romulan Armada!

Both books are available from the Majestic Twelve Games web site: http://www.mj12games.com/starmada/

Dan, are there any rules in these two volumes that are not in the Nova Rulebook? It seems that there are a lot of the "Trekmada" rules already built into the Core Nova Edition. So I guess, other than getting ships & specific weapons updated for the new system, what would be my incentive for shelling out cash for these? Gimme the pitch   wink
Cheers,
Erik

Well, the rules for bases aren't in the core book, and I'd suspect that the conversion notes for weapons with the SAE 'Fighter-Exclusive' trait would be in there.

I think Dan said a few months ago that he might post up the relevent rules to allow people who had KA/RA to convert the vessels themselves if they wanted, but not sure if that will still happen.../shrugs

May I second the request for PDF versions. I currently have all the Admiral edition rules but I am reluctant to shell out for the new NOVA edition trekkie books. I would however be willing to pay for the cheaper (hopefully  smile ) PDF versions.

Mike P

Whiplash wrote:

When and where will PDF versions be available?

I also would prefer to get pdf versions of Nova editions of Klingon/Romulan and Battleship Armada; when can we get those? I would like to buy these asap to use in an upcoming gaming session.
Please advise.

murtalianconfederacy wrote:

I think Dan said a few months ago that he might post up the relevent rules to allow people who had KA/RA to convert the vessels themselves if they wanted, but not sure if that will still happen.../shrugs

I would personally prefer that, but I wasn't going to hold my breath.
E

I assume the PDFs will be available via e23.sjames.com. I have no knowledge of when that might occur.

The plan is still to provide a short update document that would allow players to covert the ships from the Admiralty books; again, ETA is indeterminate at this time.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

I have just downloaded the PDFs from E23.

cricket wrote:

I assume the PDFs will be available via e23.sjames.com. I have no knowledge of when that might occur.

The plan is still to provide a short update document that would allow players to covert the ships from the Admiralty books; again, ETA is indeterminate at this time.

I see that Alien Armada for Nova edition is now up on E23. Has there been any more movement on an providing those of us that already have the Admiralty edition stuff with update/conversion info?
Thanks,
Erik

Blacklancer99 wrote:
cricket wrote:

I see that Alien Armada for Nova edition is now up on E23. Has there been any more movement on an providing those of us that already have the Admiralty edition stuff with update/conversion info?
Thanks,
Erik

Excellent though apparently difficult question.

graydo wrote:
Blacklancer99 wrote:
cricket wrote:

Thanks,
Erik

Excellent though apparently difficult question.

I understand Dan is quite busy with Real Life. Just as an update I see Distant Armada for Nova is now available on E23.
Cheers,
Erik

Having a newborn at home is exactly the time-sink you would expect it to be.

Short answer: yes, there is movement.

Longer answer: I can't give you an ETA at this time.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

cricket wrote:

Having a newborn at home is exactly the time-sink you would expect it to be.

Short answer: yes, there is movement.

Longer answer: I can't give you an ETA at this time.

Thanks for the reply! No worries on timetable, I was just wondering if the option still exists. Having an 11 month old at home myself I know that at the end of every day, for about the last year, I still owe somebody time I don't have! I should be able to actually start playing games again in, oh, about 17-18 years or so.
Cheers,
Erik

Blacklancer99 wrote:

I understand Dan is quite busy with Real Life. Just as an update I see Distant Armada for Nova is now available on E23.
Cheers,
Erik

The one day that I did not check e23 :roll:
Now my collection is right up to date.
I have posted the latest shipyard nova 20120922 (just in case anyone is interested.)

Paul

Congrats on the children men. Babies are a lot cooler than starships and they don't stay babies for long.

I would love the Admiralty edition of battleships and anything else you can come up with to include conversion rules and erratas. I would like to know if Nova is a lot different. I just got the Admiralty sets and they are great. I can't see what I would improve. Just more!!!

Has anybody figured out how to make a game board on-line or maps and stuff for a computer? I would like to have a board on my computer where I could at least play with someone who had an identical board and use an instant messenger. Oh, and writable PDF form for starships...

enoke wrote:

Has anybody figured out how to make a game board on-line or maps and stuff for a computer? I would like to have a board on my computer where I could at least play with someone who had an identical board and use an instant messenger. Oh, and writable PDF form for starships...

There are the Vassal modules in the Starmada files.
See these threads:
For Starmada AE - http://www.mj12games.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=1909
For Starmada Nova - http://www.mj12games.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=4684
Have not seen a writable pdf form yet but meantime you could use a blank output from the shipyard or shipyard nova.

Paul

OldnGrey wrote:
enoke wrote:

There are the Vassal modules in the Starmada files.
See these threads:
For Starmada AE - http://www.mj12games.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=1909
For Starmada Nova - http://www.mj12games.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=4684
Have not seen a writable pdf form yet but meantime you could use a blank output from the shipyard or shipyard nova.

Paul

WOW! Thank you Paul. That's what I was looking for!

Any news on the update/conversion kit?

Thanks,

Lucas