Topic: Assault Corps?

Hey All,

Been away for a while, gaming life on hold to raise a family. Was perusing some of my old links and found the MJ12 YahooGroup site. There was a beta game in the files called Assault Corp. What ever happened to that? Is that now Quantum Legions?

Whatever happened to the Starmada Race/Faction/Ships Design Contest?

Regards,

ZG

Re: Assault Corps?

Wow, almost a year and no response. I guess that Quantum Legions is the result of Assault Corps development, but confirmation from MJ12 would be a nice.

Dan's probably busy.
I just had a look at Assault Corps and it appears to be a whole higher level to Quantum Legions and bears little resemblance.
Quantum Legions is a whole lot simpler, quick to play and can be adapted to any setting or time period.
The rulebook has a Science Fiction setting but I found it just as handy fitting in Napoleonics.
Counter layout be it Infantry, Tanks Aliens or other vehicles are like this (Examples below).

Hope that helps.

Paul
[attachment=0]Br Foot Artillery Heavy Counter.png[/attachment]
[attachment=1]Fr 5th Lancers counter.png[/attachment]

I don't remember seeing this question last September. I apologize.

Quantum Legions is not the result of Assault Corps development, but a completely different animal.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Paul and Dan,
Thanks for your responses. I am always looking for simpler games as I get older, so when I saw Assault Corps a few years ago, I was intrigued by the premise of the game. I guess I wrong when I said it resulted from AC, since the two are significantly different, as Dan said. Regardless, I appreciate the information.

Regards,
Ken

Dan,

Do you intend on pursuing further development of AC for future release? If I missed the post in another category, please direct me to that thread. Thanks

Regards,
Ken

There are no plans for an Assault Corps release.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Thanks, Dan. I will continue to use the draft rules. Were there any unit design/construction rules?
- Ken

WYSIWYG. wink

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com