Topic: Other nations for Castles of Steel?

I'm looking to get back into WWI naval gaming and I've always liked Castles of Steel but being limited to British and Germans takes some of the fun out of it. Has anyone worked out stats for the French, Italians, Austro-Hungarians, Turks or Russians? I know there's a formula for converting GF ships but math has never been my strong suit (to put it mildly) so it would make my year if someone else has already taken a stab at this.

LT

Re: Other nations for Castles of Steel?

The only ship stats I worked out for Grand Fleets 2 were the WWII Kriegsmarine - they wouldn't be very good opponents for the other ships in GA though  big_smile

Having said that I would love to have more ships for this game.  I bet once GF3 is out, there will be some conversion rules to convert the GF3 ships to GA.  If there is, then I will be making up a ship sheet to not only pump out GF3 stats from real-world data, but also the GA stats.

Will be great to have two systems that are so compatible.  GA for big games (or quick ones) and GF3 for smaller or more detailed games.

-Tim

This may not address the original question, per se, but one of the main design focuses (foci?) for Grand Fleets 3 is to allow easy transition between that game and a revised edition of Grand Admiral. Thus, once ships have been released for GF3, they would also be usable in GA.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

cricket wrote:

This may not address the original question, per se, but one of the main design focuses (foci?) for Grand Fleets 3 is to allow easy transition between that game and a revised edition of Grand Admiral. Thus, once ships have been released for GF3, they would also be usable in GA.

Excellent news indeed. For the short term, though, I guess I'll have to emulate the constipated mathematician. Thanks for the help.

LT