Topic: Happy Birthday, Starmada!

On this day in 1994, I posted the first version of the Starmada rules to the rec.games.design usenet group. That's right; Starmada is twenty years old today!

You can still see the original rules here:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/rec.games.design/starmada/rec.games.design/tRoWWtGxruo/wBcIHNNiKX8J

To celebrate this milestone, we've got a number of things in the works for this year:

* A second edition of Starmada: Fleet Ops, compatible with the Nova Rulebook;

* An expanded version of the Admiralty Edition Rulebook, incorporating all of the stuff from the Core Rulebook and Rules Annex into one volume;

* Re-releases of Starmada X and the Starmada Compendium; and

* The next in the Star Fleet Universe series for both Nova and Admiralty Editions.

We hope you'll stick around for the next twenty years!

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Re: Happy Birthday, Starmada!

Happy Birthday  big_smile , Three more books to buy  sad
Glad to see Fleet Ops get an official "upgrade".
Hope they will be available in pdf form at some time in the future, that way we can get updated versions for any later corrections.

Paul

Well, only two for me (I'm not too bothered with the SFU universe), with SFO quite likely leading to another round of conversions...

Any chance that combined admiralty edition book will have the handful of rules from the SFU armada books?

georgeofjungle3 wrote:

Any chance that combined admiralty edition book will have the handful of rules from the SFU armada books?

I would think "None", the Rules Annex does not contain the SFU rules and it would dent ADB's sales.

Paul

It's not really a dent though, because i'm not going to buy the two or three products i would need to to get five more optional rules. I'll just live without. Plus the annex predates all the SFU Armada books...I think anyways.

I see no reason why the expanded rulebook wouldn't include the stuff from the SFU books.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Awesome. Do you have a timeline for release?

Any update on this stuff? Definitely interested in the AE compilation.