Topic: Panzerschiffe !

I ordered HMS Lion and SMS Lutzow from Panzerschiffe to see if 1:2400 scale was going to work for me. Shipping was super fast, and the actual models look awesome! Plenty big for my old eyes, lol! I will definitely be getting the rest of the battlecruisers to refight the initial action at The Battle of Jutland. Oh, they are right at 3 1/2 inches long, I can post a picture if anyone wants to see.

Re: Panzerschiffe !

Cool, I would love to see pictures.  I had kind of resigned myself to getting all my WWI stuff from topsideminis.com, but always looking for affordable and minis that I can still see!

-Tim

If I was going to field much larger fleets I might go 1/6000, or topside, or even homemade counters, but half a dozen ships on a side is about the most I can handle...maybe when I retire and have more time to do important stuff like play wargames!

Got HMS Lion, HMS Indefatigable, SMS Lutzow and SMS Von Der Tann...just the HMS Princess Royal, HMS Queen Mary, HMS Tiger, HMS New Zealand, SMS Derfflinger, SMS Seydlitz and SMS Moltke to go ! Not too bad at the rate of 1-2 ships every other payday (or longer)

It's an additional hassle but adding masts makes the Panzerschiffe models look even better. I admit I don't try to make fighting tops out of beads and so on but even masts made from a couple of pieces of music wire superglued together really add to the ship.

Almost all of my 50+ Great War ships are from Panzerschiffe and I have so far managed to mount masts on about 2/3 of them.

LT