Topic: new edition?

Dear developers,

I'm very interested in both the game and fluff of IS and I'm very tempted to buy the pdf bundle. However, I've read in this board that there's a new edition currently under developement. Could you please provide some informations on that? Specifically, I'm interested in the following aspects:

(1) Will there be new background information / fluff in the new edition?

(2) Will there be a new ruleset for the new edition?

(3) Will there be new paper counters in the new edition?

(4) Can you roughly estimate when the new edition will be available? (I am not asking for a specific date, because I know this is not feasible. But maybe something like "It will take at least another three / six / nine months.")

Thank you very much in advance!

Best wishes

-- ArcaneRaven

Re: new edition?

Hello, and thanks for the interest!

1) There will be some new "fluff", although there will of course be some overlap with the first edition -- this is a reboot, not a continuation.

2) Yes. The ruleset will be new. Details hopefully to follow soon.

3) There will be new counters.

4) Hopefully we're looking at a matter of months. My target has been for a late spring/summer release.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Dear Mr. Kast, thank you very much for your quick and informative response! I hope, you don't mind me by asking some more questions. I think, that will be informative for a lot of other people interested in IS.

mj12games wrote:

1) There will be some new "fluff", although there will of course be some overlap with the first edition -- this is a reboot, not a continuation.

Will there be updates for Merchant War and Southern Front as well?

mj12games wrote:

2) Yes. The ruleset will be new. Details hopefully to follow soon.

Of course, I'm very interested in the new ruleset. Looking forward to any information on that. May you give us some insight what lead you to reboot IS?

mj12games wrote:

3) There will be new counters.

Does this mean current ships with new styled counters or additional and entirely new ships? Or even both?

mj12games wrote:

4) Hopefully we're looking at a matter of months. My target has been for a late spring/summer release.

These are thrilling news! I'm really looking forward to this.  smile

SOON...

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

There ya go.

Wrote a chunk of the  fluff for Merchant Wars and Southern Front.  Always hoped the timeline would progress further. 

But if it took 10+ years for a reboot to return to the RJW, I'm thinking the rest will be a ways off. 

Best wishes smile