Topic: Questions about rules

Hi guys,

after reading rules there and back i have these important questions:

1. How do you resolve combat?
There are gun dice and there is a target number. The rules don't say more. So we may roll over something right? Separately for each gun?
2. Do we use D6 dice?
3. How do we work with MP? You also use a term speed and MVT, although not sure if those terms mean the same thing.
Say the airplane has min 2 and max 5 MVT - i am not sure if that is the speed or MP - but i suppose that is a number of hexes the plane can go. Do i choose between 2-5 every turn before i move, or are there any rules how you change your speed in depandance on the previous maneuver (i understand the Dive makes you go faster)?
4. The quirk Decreased Turn is not really explained in the rules. I understand Camel used to turn to the right way better, but how do you imply it in the game?
5. How is the initiative resolved? The rules don't say, which may lead the reader to resolving it from the highest to the lowest number. I personally think i should be resolver from the lowest number, as going the second is an advantage in aircombat games.

I got the rulebook from my buddy who i play aircombat games with. You still seem to still sell it. Is the rulebook you sell some kind of a second, corrected edition?  If yes then i am more than willing to purchase it.

Mistakes in the rules:
1. There are 3 mistakes in examples, which make it yet a bit more confusing. Example 2 and 3 underneath the Fast Turn state wrong MP and the example by the Forward move, which states 3 MP.
2. There is a wrong picture on the SE5a card.

The game looks very, very promising, light yet clever, the rulebook however, the way it has been written, kills it. And that is a great pity.

Take care,
Jan

Re: Questions about rules

A bit late of a response, but better than never. I'll try puzzling things together from my own understanding and this older thread here.

1. How do you resolve combat?

I think its "Roll your gun dice, every die that is equal to or greater than the target number scores 1 point of damage".

2. Do we use D6 dice?

d10s.

3. How do we work with MP? You also use a term speed and MVT, although not sure if those terms mean the same thing.

MVT shows the minimum amount of points you have to spend to keep flying, as well as the maximum. Speed is the actual distance you've covered.

4. The quirk Decreased Turn is not really explained in the rules. I understand Camel used to turn to the right way better, but how do you imply it in the game?

If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say it improves your Turn Class by one for the direction in question.

5. How is the initiative resolved? The rules don't say, which may lead the reader to resolving it from the highest to the lowest number. I personally think i should be resolver from the lowest number, as going the second is an advantage in aircombat games.

Not entirely sure, but it seems lower numbers are better, aka the larger initiatives should go first.