Topic: Battlefleet Gothic

Because why should everyone else have all the fun?

Imperial OVERLORD-class Battlecruiser (235)

Screens: 4-3-2-1

Hull: 8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
Engines: 4-3-2-1
Weapons: 20-15-10-5
Shields: 17-13-9-5
-Fwd: 5-4-3-2-1
-Port: 4-3-2-1
-Stbd: 4-3-2-1
-Aft: 4-3-2-1

Weapons Battery (4-8-12) 1×4+/1/1
AC ☐☐☐☐| BD ☐☐☐☐| CE ☐☐☐☐| DF ☐☐☐☐ // (8)

Lance Battery (4-8-12) 1×4+/1/1 (Gid; Mdl)
ABCD ☐☐ // (1)

Standard Torpedo (MA 6) 1×2+/1/3
G ☐☐ // (1)
Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Re: Battlefleet Gothic

I don't see anything off about your design for this "classic" ship. However a simple point, shouldn't the screens in this case be able to regenerate? I'm assuming the shields are functioning like facing armor from the game.

IMHO you should put some screens on the front arc and just use a single shield rating all around.  Being harder to damage on the front was due to extra armour after all.

Also, you need some sort of anti fighter/seeker weapon on there to represent the turrets.

Other than that, looks good!

-Tim

Marauder wrote:

IMHO you should put some screens on the front arc and just use a single shield rating all around.  Being harder to damage on the front was due to extra armour after all.

Ah, but the mechanic in BFG is identical to directional shielding in Starmada.

The one thing I DO need is regenerating screens -- which will help with adaptations from Squadron Strike, too.

Also, you need some sort of anti fighter/seeker weapon on there to represent the turrets.

D'oh!

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Regenerating screens would be fantastic.  Could either be its own thing or something combined with Repair of systems in general.

House rule at my place is a roll of a 6 on repair can be used to regenerate a screen if you don't repair a shield.  Though this makes little ships suffer as they have much lower odds of rolling a 6 because of fewer dice. :?