Topic: Klingon/Romulan armada movement...

Hi,

I've been an SFB/Fed Com player for many years, and I am considering buying Klingon and Romulan Armada, since I have always found those older games to be too detailed for anything more than a one-on-one duel (for my taste, anyway). I've looked at the Unity rules available for download and the one thing that troubles me is the movement. I really wish the movement was more SFB-style, where you "pay" for how many hexes you want to move this turn, and there is a turn mode based on speed, or ship size, or some combo of both. I've read that the movement rules can be altered w/o any ill effects on the rest of the game. Has anyone tried porting over SFB/Fed Com-style movement to Starmada? Note that I'm not referring to the impulse-based system, just the lack of inertia.

I also understand that there used to be a "basic" movement system (which may be what I'm talking about) included in the rules, but that it was moved to the appendices. Is it included in Klingon/Romulan Armada? I'm sorry, but I'm not going to buy another book just for that - there's nothing else in the Core Rulebook that I want or need (I have no desire to design my own ships, for example, and the SFU is my only gaming interest). Is it described anywhere on the site?

Thank you for any help anyone can offer. smile

Re: Klingon/Romulan armada movement...

The movement system you desire is included in both Klingon Armada and Romulan Armada.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com