Topic: Fed Heavy Command Cruiser Unity

This is a ship which I like in FC, and which appeared in Captain's Log for AE/NE. I wanted to add it to my game, so I created a Unity version.

During wartime, admirals command their fleets from a dreadnought. During times of peace, however, DNs spend most of their time docked at starbases due to their high cost of operation, and admirals command from, appropriately enough, a command cruiser. A CC is a CA with slightly better weapons and shielding, and much better "command and control" and communications facilities. The Fed CC, however, had a problem. Designed during the "middle years" period, by the time of the General War it had become nearly identical to the CA due to the CA's numerous incremental refits. Given that there were never enough DNs to go around, and many task forces were led by CCs, Star Fleet badly needed a new CC that was designed for the exigencies of wartime, and thus was born the Heavy Command Cruiser (CB).

My next creation will be another ship which appeared in Captian's Log, but will likely never show up in any official product for Unity: the Federation Old Heavy Cruiser.