Topic: Proximity Weapons & Flights

Hey fellow gamers,

I don't know why I'm suddenly wondering this now after a year of playing the game but it just occurred to me that a Proximity weapon states that "A separate attack roll is made against each element (friend or foe) in the target hex.
Up until know, my friends and I have been treating fighter/seeker flights as a single element and, therefore, only rolling once per flight and reducing the flight by 1 on a hit. Given the visual representation of the effect of a Prx weapon (large explosion, arcing beams of energy, etc), an argument can be made that an attack should be made on each fighter.

Is this the intended interaction for Proximity weapons, or should we be rolling to hit each fighter in the flight?  :?:

Re: Proximity Weapons & Flights

The intent is to roll once per FLIGHT, not per FIGHTER.

I understand your reasoning in thinking otherwise, and we considered it until we realized that would mean Proximity would become a must-have trait for all anti-fighter weapons.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Thanks for the clarification. That rationale makes sense, and I'm glad we were playing it right all along.

Playing the other way wouldn't be "wrong," per se. But it would be potentially unbalancing against a fighter-heavy fleet.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com