Topic: Partial VP points and Marines

Three things: a confirmation question, and 2 questions:

First, am I right in assuming that a hull 2 vessel gives 30% of its CR on the first hull hit, and a hull 3 vessel gives 30% on the first hull hit and 20% on the second, while hull 4 and above has the 10/20/20 split as described in E.4 Partial Victory Points?

Second, (mainly b/c I've been burned before with Bulkheads) do Bulkheads count as Hull for Partial VP awards? If a Hull 1 vessel with 1 Bulkhead got hit, would it award VPs as a Hull-2 vessel? I can read it either way...

Third, marines. Is the 'launch limit' for marines based on the carrying vessel or the defending vessel? Again, as with the Bulkhead/Partial VP interaction, I can read it either way.

Thanks in advance for your reply

Re: Partial VP points and Marines

1) You are correct.

2) Bullkheads are Hull Points for all purposes EXCEPT when determining the number of Damage Control Parties.

3) The attack limit for Marines is based on the "firing" ship's size.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Thanks! That's good to know...

EDIT: sorry, had another (couple of) question(s). Am I right in assuming that a seeker flight with a ROF of 1 and the Evp trait disappears after one turn? And, semi-related, can seekers use Multi-Weapon Mounts?

Yes and yes.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Excellent on the first point, relief on the second :-)

The first b/c that makes a potential Voidstriker to SUE conversion easier to work out (in that set of rules were Projectile weapons that could be shot down--making those weapons Evp Seekers allows them to be engaged by PD without having the weird sight of railgun shells chasing their target around the map. Of course, it might need a slight increase to the maximum range for Seekers...

The second b/c one faction in my Uplift-Exile setting used multi-weapon mounts for Seekers, and I didn't want to have to redesign them...