Topic: SUE:FT potential errors

A week or so ago I was working on a concept based on the SUE:FT sourcebook: namely, design ships in FT and then do a conversion. As a result of this I decided to check the ships in the sourcebook with my Shipbuilder (both to check the Shipbuilder and give me a run-through for my potential setting).

Unfortunately, it seems that the ships were designed with different design rules--the FSE and, possibly NSL, were designed with PDS having an ORat based on engine speed, while the NAC and ESU seem to have the flat-rate ORat found in SUE:RA. This also affects the AEGIS Fire Control equipment, as in the Annex it relies on the PDS, Tractor Beam and Defensive weapons, whereas in the sourcebook it assigns a flat SU for each Class-1 and PDS on-board a ship.

With the figures in the Annex, the FSE Charlemagne and both Affondatore variants are anywhere from 15 to 25 VPs low, and the NSL Danzig is 10 VPs low. Some other ships do have differing VP totals, but only by 5 VPs which I assume is probably rounding differences. I haven't done an exhaustive comparison, but thought it'd be a good idea to let you know of my early findings.